Habib Beye (left AVFC by Mutual Consent)

VillaRoy

Result!!

Habib Beye does want to return to Aston Villa this season

Page last updated at 13:04 GMT, Monday, 28 November 2011

Defender Habib Beye wants to stay at Doncaster Rovers for the remainder of the season.

The 34-year-old is on loan from Aston Villa until January and earned the man-of-the-match award for his debut display in the 0-0 draw with Watford.

Beye told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I think I will be here all season because I don't want to go back to Villa.

"Unless Doncaster kick me out, I will be here all season. It's a great club and I want to be part of it."

The Senegal international right-back is one of a series of loan signings made by Rovers since turning to agent Willie McKay to help them avoid relegation.

Strikers El-Hadji Diouf and Marc-Antione Fortune, goalkeeper Carl Ikeme and midfielder Herold Goulon have also arrived at the Keepmoat Stadium in recent weeks.

Beye is happy to stay in the Championship despite Doncaster's precarious position.

"There's quality in the team and I don't think it is in the right place because if you look at it Watford are not in the bottom three and we are better than them," he added.

"At the end of the day we are in the bottom three and we have to work to get out."

BTW, in case you're panicking, I think the headline is meant to be
Habib Beye does NOT want to return to Aston Villa this season

Played a total of 10 games since he signed, how in the **** did they let that happen? and then go and sign Hutton for 4M? just wow.

just sums this club up at the minute, it's a joke

i's say it's more representive of the old way of doing things and exactly the reason why we're in this mess now

Result!!
Habib Beye does want to return to Aston Villa this season

Page last updated at 13:04 GMT, Monday, 28 November 2011

Defender Habib Beye wants to stay at Doncaster Rovers for the remainder of the season.

The 34-year-old is on loan from Aston Villa until January and earned the man-of-the-match award for his debut display in the 0-0 draw with Watford.

Beye told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I think I will be here all season because I don't want to go back to Villa.

"Unless Doncaster kick me out, I will be here all season. It's a great club and I want to be part of it."

The Senegal international right-back is one of a series of loan signings made by Rovers since turning to agent Willie McKay to help them avoid relegation.

Strikers El-Hadji Diouf and Marc-Antione Fortune, goalkeeper Carl Ikeme and midfielder Herold Goulon have also arrived at the Keepmoat Stadium in recent weeks.

Beye is happy to stay in the Championship despite Doncaster's precarious position.

"There's quality in the team and I don't think it is in the right place because if you look at it Watford are not in the bottom three and we are better than them," he added.

"At the end of the day we are in the bottom three and we have to work to get out."

BTW, in case you're panicking, I think the headline is meant to be
Habib Beye does NOT want to return to Aston Villa this season

I fail to see how this can be looked on as a "result"

Whether he comes back or not - we are still shelling out £40,000 per week for him. He's on loan but we're paying his wages - read up on it.

MON bankrupted us. £2m a year plus £2m up front what a disgrace - yet some people would have him back :facepalm:

He hasn't really been that bad for us when he has played. He had a few really good games (Liverpool away, Spurs away) but then he also had a real shocker (against west ham i think) where he got red carded.

Not sure why he didn't get more games last season when we had so many injuries.

He hasn't really been that bad for us when he has played. He had a few really good games (Liverpool away, Spurs away) but then he also had a real shocker (against west ham i think) where he got red carded.

Well you had the Houllier personal vendetta against certain players and he and Warnock were the main victims of this. Would still prefer him at right back rather than that Sweaty Numpty playing there now! Even with his mistakes!

Well you had the Houllier personal vendetta against certain players and he and Warnock were the main victims of this. Would still prefer him at right back rather than that Sweaty Numpty playing there now! Even with his mistakes!

It wasn't a vendetta. They were shit. :lol: Young, Cuellar, Clark and later Walker were always better options in the fullback positions.

Â