1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No from me, and its not that he uses to manage birmingham... its just the standard of football and the fact that, if we are to improve, it will be the same shit standard of football we've been watching but done more effectively, but its sill shite.

Having a 4th manager in 18 months would be pathetic and some of our fans are starting to be like Newcastle fans from a few years ago.
The thing is though, people were largely behind MON, a lot wanted Houllier out at some point but on the whole I'd say he split the fanbase. With McLeish we virtually all have the same opinion - that he must go. It's not like he's dividing opinion. He's an absolutely dreadful manager. We're playing the worst football I've ever seen from Villa, half of the games this season have been complete no shows and submissions and the team in general are just set up so negatively. McLeish isn't Sam Allardyce.

Think it was likely that McLeish was lied to or given false reassurances in regards to Downing
Given how he has proved himself to be quite a prolific liar since then I think it was something McLeish decided to say on his own. Why would the board lie to McLeish/ask him to give false reassurances when they knew he would be sold a couple of weeks down the line anyway?

I think its more likely he was told Downing wasn't for sale unless a substantial offer was made. £20 million for Downing is good money - he made a naive comment prematurely about "not going anywhere" .

The board made him look a prat .

After all the club told us McLeish is a good manager.

He isn't.

We were told he would be fully backed in the summer.

He wasn't.

Story I heard was Downing was happy to stay but when the £20m offer came in Lerner insisted he was sold. I agree McLeish is a piss poor manager but the board have also shafted him.

Having a 4th manager in 18 months would be pathetic and some of our fans are starting to be like Newcastle fans from a few years ago.

None of the changes so far are down to the fans.

And we shouldn't have to keep a really dreadful manager just on the account that we have had more than one manager in the last 18 months.

I agree that we need stability more than anything but we need the right person for that and that sure as hell isn't Alex McLeish.

The first manager **** off leaving us in the lurch.

The second manager had a heart scare and was released by the owner on medical grounds.

The third manager is shit.

How can all of this make us look like Newcastle fans?

People told me that Keegan and Barnes were scathing about Saturday, but until I just watched it, I didn't realise how scathing they were.

Fair play to them, every word of it was true. But for two highly regarding, highly experienced and in different ways, highly successful, ex football managers / players to talk like that about the Villa just shows how bad it was on Saturday.

And as Barnes pointed out, this wasn't the first, nor the second or third time !

Shame on you Alex !

Been watching the Fulham v Liverpool game for last 30 mins or so and I don't think I have seen either keeper just wack the ball upfield..we do this every time the ball goes to Given ...No wonder his bloody hamstring has gone.

He has to go for me we are awful.Bent has scored goals at everyclub at the moment its an achievement to have the ball passed to his feet.Beyond AMC the rest of the club needs to be looked at for instance our transfer policy is a shambles.We lose players and don't replace them ,we don't unearth any gems from abroad or the lower leagues.The wages are shocking for what we have who authorised that ....and managerial appoitments the last 2 have been shocking as has the selection process.

I throught the Taylor second spell was low or the end of DOL but I would say right now things are far more desperate.

i think we should give amc a season buy the sooner clarke is in the side the better

He has had his season - autumn - he should now f*** off!! :winkold:

He is making our great club look like a joke and, if we did have any money to spend in January, I would be amazed if anybody worth their salt would want to come and play for Eck unless he was doing a MON and paying way over the odds. GET HUGHES IN NOW before it is too late.

he shouldnt have been allowed anywhere near our great club in the first place, it shows the incompetence of Lerner and Faulkner to even think we would accept this man, Ive nothing personally against McLeish in fact Id buy him a pint for ruining Blues, he just isnt good enough to manage Aston Villa

The difference being, Newcastle were doing alright. And you could see that time would have made them better.

It does not currently look like time will do a damn bit of difference with mcLeish, and we are not doing well at all.

The easy fixtures have flattered us. BY January we'll be looking over our shoulder.

Who cares what Newcastle or their fans do or don't do ?

It was our club that have embarrassed us by appointing McLeish.

Even fans of other clubs can realise how daft it was to appoint McLeish .

Check some of the comments by fans of other clubs underneath this Guardian article with headline of "Alex McLeish's funnel vision is painful to watch"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/04/alex-mcleish-aston-villa-espn

Â