Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

12 votes out of 329 says it all.

Also, posting that within hours of such a shit performance was always going to get that outcome.

Its a limited poll....... people will vote in etremis because it doens't allow for a more nuanced arguement.

The problem is that, that was 1 shit performance out of many shit performances this season. How many games have we truely played well in? There has been no glimmer of hope for anyone to cling to. Even under GH we had the odd good performance where you could see what he was trying to do.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listening to the national radio on my way home, although depressing, i found it perversely reassuring hear informed presenters verbalising what we have been saying for some time, we really are cack!! For too long the media have misinterpreted, in my opinion, the cause of the hostility shown towards the Mccleish appointment, over looking the fact he is not wanted because he is just no good!!! It has been too easy for many to dismiss our opinion as irrational because of where he come from, where in reality on a whole we are a reasonable bunch who could just see this coming from a mile off!! If we were pinching a gem from one of our bitterest rivals i would be smiling from ear to ear at what they lost and we had gained. McCleish on the other hand made me feel sick to the stomach! The football world are starting to see him for what he really is, its just a shame he is here to stay and we are the vehicle that will demonstrate his ineptitude !

I obviously know it isn't the long term answer as a 6-1 drubbing to Newcastle and a last minute surrender to Stoke testifies, but quite frankly, I'd take a season of KMac and Cowans just to see us through.

People have suggested there seems to be squad disharmony. Well you could clearly see how much they respected KMac (however, that did seem to be the quality players like Young, Milner and Friedal).

We would at least play football, and even if it was up and down, we'd certainly get enough points to secure a healthy mid table or slightly above position.

With this, I'm worried. Its a given, we will kick start Boltons season, we always do. Then I can't see a point between now and new year.

And then you have the FA Cup. I bet your bottom dollar we are on the telly. They usually have four games. The "top" game - Man U v Man C, the "minnows" - two lower league sides playing each other. The "romance" - probably Everton v Tamworth, then the "potential upset" - gotta be us !!!.

I honestly think we will go out to Bristol Rovers - and that is how bad it has got !!

I don't see anything to suggest that McLeish would be a good appointment given time.

I was one of the ones who didn't want him but was more than willng to give him time. I wiped the slate clean, and he impressed me at first, in what he said rather than what was on the pitch.

But there's nothing there, if that makese sense.

There's no little inkling of anythign that could grow into somethign good.

There's no underlying system that makes me think "I can see what he's trying to do here". There nothign to suggest that he's got somethign in mind and given the right players it will eventually work.

Normally with a manager you can see what they are trying to do, even if they don't have the right resources, players, backing, whatever.

Even with Houllier. I know a lot of people didn't like him, but at least there was a style of football there that made you think if he had loads of time to bed it in and the right players it could work (even though the appauling defence was probably a price too high to pay)

At least you got the impression, or at least I did, that Houllier in his head knew what he wanted.

I don't get that with mcLeish. I think if he's backed he'll just buy players and hope they fall into a team. I just can't see anythign on the pitch that points towards a style of play that he can build a team around.

We still, 4 mnths into the season, look like a group of players thrown together for the first time and given no direction. Every week the formation is different, every week the positions are different. Nothing seems to be coming together, nothign seems to be heading in any particular direction.

Direction is the key word, and there isn't any. I honestly think if he's here for 2 or 3 years, we'll still be playing the same misguided, unattractive, and unsuccessful football we are now. Backing or no backing.

this. this. this. this. this.

And this again.

I don't see anything to suggest that McLeish would be a good appointment given time.

I was one of the ones who didn't want him but was more than willng to give him time. I wiped the slate clean, and he impressed me at first, in what he said rather than what was on the pitch.

But there's nothing there, if that makese sense.

There's no little inkling of anythign that could grow into somethign good.

There's no underlying system that makes me think "I can see what he's trying to do here". There nothign to suggest that he's got somethign in mind and given the right players it will eventually work.

Normally with a manager you can see what they are trying to do, even if they don't have the right resources, players, backing, whatever.

Even with Houllier. I know a lot of people didn't like him, but at least there was a style of football there that made you think if he had loads of time to bed it in and the right players it could work (even though the appauling defence was probably a price too high to pay)

At least you got the impression, or at least I did, that Houllier in his head knew what he wanted.

I don't get that with mcLeish. I think if he's backed he'll just buy players and hope they fall into a team. I just can't see anythign on the pitch that points towards a style of play that he can build a team around.

We still, 4 mnths into the season, look like a group of players thrown together for the first time and given no direction. Every week the formation is different, every week the positions are different. Nothing seems to be coming together, nothign seems to be heading in any particular direction.

Direction is the key word, and there isn't any. I honestly think if he's here for 2 or 3 years, we'll still be playing the same misguided, unattractive, and unsuccessful football we are now. Backing or no backing.

this. this. this. this. this.

And this again.

Top post. Sums up what many of us are feeling.

I think thats because although I hated O'Leary, I think the problem was Ellis. You can't knock O'Leary's buys with the pittance he had. Laursen , Bouma, at the time I thought Baros was a great signing, I mean, look at Stuart Taylor, I know he is only back up, but clearly Man City trust him enough to do a job if needed,

I hated O'Leary as a person 100% but he was shat on from a great height from above.

McLeish on the other hand has a good squad (not as good as it was 2 yrs ago granted, but still good enough). He has a lot of promising youth players, he has spent money. He spent 16m quid (plus the Jenas deal which presumably would have turned out to be permenant if he could manage to stay stood up for more than 5 minutes) - and what has he produced....... pure and utter dross !.

Having trawlled several sites there seems to be a concensus that McFeck isn't wanted. As an example here is a quote from Vital Villa where 4 'promises' are quoted he made as his infamous meet the fans day at BMH

1. He would utilize the attacking players we had at the club for a fast paced, dynamic style of play using wingers and raiding full backs.

2.That Stewart Downing would not be sold unless a massive - £50m was quoted - figure was offered.

3. That he wouldn`t disrespect the club by not playing our strongest teams in the cups, as had happened under previous managers throwing away chances of success.

4. That he would pair Gabby Agbonlahor with Darren Bent as Gabby is 'wasted on the wing`.

So how did he do folks?

It's just foolhardy to consider removing Alex McLeish after only 14 games played. To again plunge the club into the sort of to-ing and fro-ing that ensued after Houllier had to step down would be very destabilising, I think.

So what do you see that makes you think it wouldn't be foolish to allow him to continue?

It's just foolhardy to consider removing Alex McLeish after only 14 games played. To again plunge the club into the sort of to-ing and fro-ing that ensued after Houllier had to step down would be very destabilising, I think.

It's foolhardy to carry on with the same boring, negative shit that we have had for the past few months.

When a **** up is made you don't carry on with it just because you can't bear the thought of having to start again!

Having trawlled several sites there seems to be a concensus that McFeck isn't wanted. As an example here is a quote from Vital Villa where 4 'promises' are quoted he made as his infamous meet the fans day at BMH

1. He would utilize the attacking players we had at the club for a fast paced, dynamic style of play using wingers and raiding full backs.

2.That Stewart Downing would not be sold unless a massive - £50m was quoted - figure was offered.

3. That he wouldn`t disrespect the club by not playing our strongest teams in the cups, as had happened under previous managers throwing away chances of success.

4. That he would pair Gabby Agbonlahor with Darren Bent as Gabby is 'wasted on the wing`.

So how did he do folks?

Awful , antifootball.

As for Downing -well you have to say he was naive but it was the boards fault that he ended up looking like a prat over that one.

Gabby was almost playing as much as an extra leftback the other day . Joke. terrible management , tactics , antifootball.

So how did he do folks?

With spin like that he should have gone into politics.

As for Downing -well you have to say he was naive but it was the boards fault that he ended up looking like a prat over that one.

I doubt anyone made him say it.

I dnno it sounds like something Krulak would say.

McLeish was stupid either way saying that Downing not for sale unless £50 million but can well believe our board probably said something like that to him.

Did make him look a prat considering a week or two later Downing was gone.

Â