1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the appointment of Mcleish was just a bad decision by Randy. I think a lot went on to appointment a new manager and a few turned us down, so Mcleish was some what desperation maybe. Even if he sacks Mcleish which is a big if who will come in and what will be available to strength the squad. We have to much dead wood on long term contracts bleeding the club dry. Dark days indeed.

Voted unsure, but it's really leaning towards a no. I'm a patient man, and less than 20 games normally ain't enough to judge someone from, but... It just seems to get worse and worse.

Actually, I'm starting to dislike McLeish as a person simply because of all the lies.
What lies do you think McLeish has told?

To be honest he did say that he played that "style" of football at Blues because of the quality of players available to him and that it's different at Villa.

Whereas actually over the last 6 games our style of football has evolved to exactly that of SHA. However, we seem to be shitter at playing this style of football.

No.

I wasn't keen when we appointed him, but though I'd give him some time to prove me wrong. Unfortunately he has performed exactly as I and others here had feared, even afer a set of fixtures that most would think were easy. Yes we have lost some key players over the summer, but he still has some fairly talented players left in his squad, and his purchases have left a lot to be desired. The players we have got don't seem to be performing for him, or don't seem to be understanding what he wants from them. He keeps bemoaning insipid first half displays, so why hasn't he done something about this? Maybe he can't get his points across in the pre match team talk, or maybe he is shifting blame to the players? Either way, it points to bad management in my opinion.

I guess we're stuck with him for this season at least, I dread to think what will happen if he is still here at this point next season.

Hmmmm, looking at the poll results to date, it does look like Randy has finally found a manager to unite Villa fans. Sadly, not with the desired results. :cry:

For me he should never have been appointed and I was extremely angry that he was. This said I gave him a chance, wasnt his fault. I didnt renew my season ticket but have been to several games and have tried my best not to post too many negative comments on here.

By now we should have an indication of how we are going to look under AM. I cant say that anything as yet has made me think he is the right man for the job, nothing makes me think he can get us back challenging the top 4/5 and if I'm honest I dont think he can even ensure we finish in the top 8. I think the longer he is in charge the more we take backward steps.

I was shocked that Randy didnt give him more money in the summer, after taking what was pretty much entirely an unpopular decision to appoint AM I would have thought that he would want to do all he could to make sure he was proved right in his choice for manager. I hope that if Randy does stand by AM then he backs him because I think bringing in a few quality players is the only way we can improve on current form, I really dont believe that AM as it in him to get more out of our current crop of players. And thats not a swipe at our players.

Yes, wih time and backing he probably would be able to make a difference. However, he took the job knowing he wasn't going to get money and seeing who he used to manage if he didn't get it right he would not get the time from the fans, either. We aren't the most militant of fans atr Vilal but we have standards. You don't have a history like ours and put up with the dirge we've been offered. Are we unrealistic? Of course we are, but our history has to be remembered by any owner/manager.

We're not the Shit whose history has been one of being in the shadows of their larger neighbours who have been successful. We believe we deserve to be sitting at the top table year in year out. Yes, we know its more often than not going to happen but want to believe it can happen. Under O'Neill we got the belief back. Houllier dragged it down a little but the hope was still there.

this tit has completely dulled our optimism and that makes hima dead man walking unless we see a dramatic up-turn in events. We are in a false position due to our start. Come the start of jan, afetr the Chelsea game, then we'll know where we are. He has got around a month to try and keep the fans of his back. In saying that, a loss against Liverpool, and especially seeing the weasel Downing being proven right, will do for him. A big defeat at home will also be trouble for mcLeish and will start to see the vocal anti-McLeish chants in force.

its also a worrying time for lerner. he knows that if things don't go right for Mcleish the pressure will transfer to him. for all his faults I don't think he expected McLeish to be this poor. It also undermines his position as teh person who allowed one manager to walk away (not that I blame him for that one) waiting until a transfer window was shut to employ houllier, and then poaching a manager from our rivals who had just taken his side down. Again. Mcleish has the month to sort it out. I'd happily sack him right now.

Problem for him...and us....is that December is really not going to be pretty viewing. Its damage limitations at best. McLeish does not appear to have the persona or football nous to recover that particular situation.

I foresee a bleak new year.

I think given both time and backing he could probably take us forward, so voted "Yes".

I don't think he will be given enough of either though.

Really Jon?!?! :?

You think in time AM could turn out to be a good appointment?

In theory yes Wiggs.

In practice, no, as he will be given neither the time nor the resources. The fans don't want him, and he'd need to be spectacularly good in terms of style of play and results to trun that around. At the moment, he's achieved neither, and the fans' ire is building hugely.

Those that on the surface were prepared to give him 5 or 10 minutes to see how he did have done that, and are now fully into the "get him out" camp.

I can't see how he's going to be good enough to pull this around in ths short term (which is all he's got). We're going to need to see a massive improvement, and quickly. I don't hold out much hope.

How many points do we think we will get in December?

Man Ure (H) 0 pts

Bolton (A) 1 pt

Liverpool (H) 1 pt

Arsenal (H) 0 pts

Stoke City (A) 1 pt

Chelsea (A) 0 pts

So hopefully a grand total of 3 pts from 18. Leaving us with 19 pts and looking at 2012 worried.

How many points do we think we will get in December?

Man Ure (H) 0 pts

Bolton (A) 1 pt

Liverpool (H) 1 pt

Arsenal (H) 0 pts

Stoke City (A) 1 pt

Chelsea (A) 0 pts

So hopefully a grand total of 3 pts from 18. Leaving us with 19 pts and looking at 2012 worried.

I actually think Liverplop will give us a harder game than Manure did because TBH I thought Manure were awful and I have seen Liverplop a few times this season and I hate to say it but they have looked useful.

I predict (from a logical point of view) that we will achieve no more than two points in December and more likely just the one because Stoke could prove difficult for us (the solitary point coming at Bolton).

However, football is not always logical so we may get a shit load of points (he dreams)!

Â