McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

It's such a depressing time. For long periods last season I was worried about our premiership status and now this season even more so! I kind of brought into the long term vision that GH may possibly of achieved, McCleish on the other hand, hopeless No matter what the majority think, I am sure that McCrap will stay still the bitter end, despite what that end may bring. Lerner looked so bored and dejected when the camera's were on him yesterday but I think he will stubbornly stick with what he has chosen. To sack McCleish now will cost him more money, which he does not have, and more significantly, in my opinion, would be public admittance that he got it horribly wrong, again! If nothing else Randy strikes me as a proud man and I fear that his proud stubbornness will convince him to stick it out.

I wish we could some way instigate change but i unfortunately I dont think we can. That feeling of helplessness kind of sums up my benign feeling towards the club I love! :cry:

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't take the club anywhere, but he is a safe bet to keep us in the PL after a very dodgy season. I don't mind a season of mediocrity as long as he doesn't stay here after.

Lerner didn't look too impressed in the stand on Saturday.

Sorry, was that meant as a joke? :?

It's such a depressing time. For long periods last season I was worried about our premiership status and now this season even more so! I kind of brought into the long term vision that GH may possibly of achieved, McCleish on the other hand, hopeless No matter what the majority think, I am sure that McLeish will stay still the bitter end, despite what that end may bring. Lerner looked so bored and dejected when the camera's were on him yesterday but I think he will stubbornly stick with what he has chosen. To sack McCleish now will cost him more money, which he does not have, and more significantly, in my opinion, would be public admittance that he got it horribly wrong, again! If nothing else Randy strikes me as a proud man and I fear that his proud stubbornness will convince him to stick it out.

I wish we could some way instigate change but i unfortunately I dont think we can. That feeling of helplessness kind of sums up my benign feeling towards the club I love! :cry:

True, he didn't listen with the last protests. Any protests now might make him dig his heels in and drag it out. Lerner needs to first accept to himself he was wrong before going public and sacking the manager. Given the circumstances this looks like it's going to be a difficult decision for him to take.

I think from a business prospective he is all to aware what relegation would bring, hence the Bent signing. He's many things but not stupid and alarm bells will be ringing after watching the game yesterday. So bearing this in mind we can only hope he acts sooner rather than later.

I think the comparison last season is a bit off as SHA went down on 39 points which was the highest for a long time. I think teams will stay up on 34 or 35 points this season so I don't think we're in any danger of going down as we've beaten the likes of Blackburn and Wigan who I think will be relegated.

That's not to say I don't want him out as the football now is as dire and negative as it was in Gregory's last season.

Bolton to me is a must win and I would actually like us to put in a decent dominant performance away from home for once, it's not too much to ask for surely?

No doubt what will happen is we'll scrape a 1-1 with two shots on goal and McLeish will survive on. It's going to be that sort of season.

I think the comparison last season is a bit off as SHA went down on 39 points which was the highest for a long time. I think teams will stay up on 34 or 35 points this season so I don't think we're in any danger of going down as we've beaten the likes of Blackburn and Wigan who I think will be relegated.

That's not to say I don't want him out as the football now is as dire and negative as it was in Gregory's last season.

Bolton to me is a must win and I would actually like us to put in a decent dominant performance away from home for once, it's not too much to ask for surely?

No doubt what will happen is we'll scrape a 1-1 with two shots on goal and McLeish will survive on. It's going to be that sort of season.

I honestly don't think we will be relegated.

However, if our current poor form continues then it is certainly a possibility. Three wins out of 14 games says it all really. Even though it may require 34/35 points to stay up this season, on our current form we will be down. We currently have 16 points and I can honestly see us getting another two points in our next four games (at the most). This would give us a total of 18 points at the midway stage of the season. I know it's not usually as simple as this, yet if you double that figure (to include the next half) then we would have 36 points. Now, this may might be enough to keep us up, yet it is certainly cutting it bloody close...

Of course Bolton and Stoke are winnable games, yet in our current form we simply won't beat them. Something needs to change and fast!

Unfortunately I think the fact that we finished last season relatively strongly, leaving us with a decent league position, will influence Randy's thinking this time round, and as a consequence mute our concerns. After all many were very vocal that GH should have gone around x-mas time but Randy stuck with him, and it kind of paid dividends. Yes it could be argued that it was GH forced omission from the helm that contributed to that finish, however I would imagine that in Randy's eyes his persistence paid off. In my opinion this time round we are more vulnerable to the unthinkable but i fear Randy experience last season will result in a similar stance.

That's very true, but we'll still probably be in a relegation battle. It was bad last season but at the same time we had a lot of upheaval and it was a really competitive season. Being in a relegation battle in a much less competitive season and playing the football we're playing right now will be **** embarrassing.

Even if he leaves or gets sacked I wouldn't mind betting that some at the club say "The fans were not fair to him and never gave him a chance due to his sha connections"

The man that used to spout that kind of crap is now mute isn't he?

You might remember him he came out with such classics as saying that Houllier was doing a remarkable job. That we should imagine what McLeish could do if backed. That they had no idea why Mon resigned and then subsequently paid him over a million pound in compensation. Oh and my personal favourite that he thinks we can finish 4th, sorry 5th ( my hand slipped ) this season.

Great. The can say that we're the devil himself if they want as long as the prat goes.

the only issue I have thereafter is that I wouldn't trust our board not to turn our next managerial search into the same shambolic farce as compared to the last two, and then end up appointing someone like Stuart Pearce or Peter Reid.

Oh and my personal favourite that he thinks we can finish 4th, sorry 5th ( my hand slipped ) this season.
Did he actually say that? :?

Yes. He said he saw us finishing between 4th and 8th and then revised that to between 5th and 8th as he claimed his finger had slipped.

This was after McLeish had been hired and Young and Downing had left.

Â