1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to say McLeish needs (and deserves) time etc etc. But we already knew he was a bit shit before he joined, so I'm not sure how much benefit of the doubt I can give him. He seems to be intent on turning us into an image of his SHA sides, and we know how well that worked out for them. Although one thing I didn't expect was for us to be surrendering so easily under McLeish. He seems a likable guy though, and I can't blame him too much for what's happening... Lerner and Faulkner are the culprits for me.

I'd really like to say McLeish needs (and deserves) time etc etc. But we already knew he was a bit shit before he joined, so I'm not sure how much benefit of the doubt I can give him. He seems to be intent on turning us into an image of his SHA sides, and we know how well that worked out for them. Although one thing I didn't expect was for us to be surrendering so easily under McLeish. He seems a likable guy though, and I can't blame him too much for what's happening... Lerner and Faulkner are the culprits for me.

Pretty much this.

If we're not going to be pushing the top 4 because we can't afford it then fair enough, but let's at least have a team that has a go and plays some decent football.

There's got to be something for the fans to believe in or else numbers will continue to dwindle, players won't want to join and we'll struggle to compete let alone grow. McLeish can't provide that. He plays crap football, is a decent but ultimately rather dull personality and, frankly, still feels like a sha stooge.

There's just nothing to hold on to at the moment and it's a real concern because I don't know when it ends. I feel that Lerner would accept mid-table mediocrity now but it'll scar the club for years to come if it lasts too long. Sadly, unless we flirt with relegation again I think McLeish stays.

Lerner has the right intentions but I think he lacks nous.

Although one thing I didn't expect was for us to be surrendering so easily under McLeish.

This has surprised me a little too. After the initial shock of his appointment I actually thought he might do a decent job here (by decent, I meant just stabilizing the squad a little after a fairly turbulent year before)

It is of course still early days, but I thought we'd at least start to see some of his so called strong characteristics coming through- a tight, organised defence (or at minimum a defence that knows how to deal with set pieces), I thought we'd close down teams more, pester them, show a bit more hunger and desire, that sort of small squad unity..... but nothing, nothing so far has improved on last season, only got worse.

I knew the football wouldn't be pretty, obviously, but I sort of didn't mind for the time being, I just wanted to become harder to beat and more competitive. I'm not really of the opinion that because he had a certain style and plan at sha with the resources that he had there, that we would see identical tactics and style here. I presumed that working with Sid and KMac and generally working at a club with larger ambition and resources, that he would adapt his tactics and be really up for this challenge. I'm not seeing any signs of this. No one really looks that bothered and it's all so flat.

The last three games have been such a horrible mess, I'm really starting to doubt that the guy has any sort of plan at all, it seems to be eleven confused players, running around, not really understanding what they're meant to be doing. Very worrying.

Me too, Trent.

Out of interest, and not that they should, has anyone who's voted "yes" owned up to doing it?

It also depends on why yes I suppose. Is it because of the pay off or similar. Not making excuses as i said NO but people see it all different. The main thing is they voted, we should not attack people because they voted or people will stop voting.

Absolutely. I wasn't attacking anyone, just curious. As you say I'd like to know their reason behind it, but caveated my post by saying they shouldn't have to own up.

With regards to the pay off, it's an issue, but the way the choices are worded, I wouldn't take it into consideration.

I've really tried hard to give him a chance but I can't do it anymore.

I actually feel he was appointed on purpose to be the scapegoat by the board, deflecting all the crap from the stands onto the manager, keeping the board mostly abuse free whilst they **** things up their own way.

I actually feel he was appointed on purpose to be the scapegoat by the board, deflecting all the crap from the stands onto the manager, keeping the board mostly abuse free whilst they **** things up their own way.

See I just don't buy this.

Why would any owner knowingly put his own investment at great risk simply to deflect some personal criticism - which he will get anyway since he's the owner?

That's right. They wouldn't.

See I just don't buy this.

Why would any owner knowingly put his own investment at great risk simply to deflect some personal criticism - which he will get anyway since he's the owner?

That's right. They wouldn't.

That makes sense.

I just think Lerner is clueless.

As sure as Night comes after Day it was going to be a disaster and sure enough here we are . Football is dreadful the spark and energy has gone , he is ruining Bent the signings are poor bar Given .

The fans have voted we are not far away from the chants of McCleish out shocking appointment and to think we would have appointed Martinez who would have been a disaster aswell .

Depressed about all of it

Â