Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

How long do you text someone before asking them out for drink or dinner?

I've been given a girls number by a friend yesterday and realised I didn't have a clue what to text? She isn't on Facebook so my mate had to send photos of us both to each other.

This is a first for me as I normally do these things by face and find talking easier. But with texting you don't get a sense of tone or anything, harder to gauge reactions etc. Do I text for a few days then suggest meeting up? Or a week? Longer?

Do you know what this girl looks like?

How long do you text someone before asking them out for drink or dinner?

I've been given a girls number by a friend yesterday and realised I didn't have a clue what to text? She isn't on Facebook so my mate had to send photos of us both to each other.

This is a first for me as I normally do these things by face and find talking easier. But with texting you don't get a sense of tone or anything, harder to gauge reactions etc. Do I text for a few days then suggest meeting up? Or a week? Longer?

Do you know what this girl looks like?

Yeah, fit. Been texting loads over weekend and all of today and just asked if she fancied going for a drink soon. Fingers crossed.

my mates missus tried to set me up with one of her mates, she said that she had told her all about me and shown her pictures of me etc etc and she was really keen, she showed me a picture of her and she was pretty **** nice.

I didnt bother texting her though, I agree with you ingram its **** difficult trying to start something via text, if she would have said 'yeah she really wants to meet you and was wondering what you were doing next friday'' then I would have been all over it but through txt seems like far too much guess work to me.

plus I dont like the thought of hooking up with someone that a mate has engineered...If sommet goes wrong and she things your shit in bed or you couldnt get it up you just know that there is no way to stop your mates from finding out lol

my mates missus tried to set me up with one of her mates, she said that she had told her all about me and shown her pictures of me etc etc and she was really keen, she showed me a picture of her and she was pretty **** nice.

I didnt bother texting her though, I agree with you ingram its **** difficult trying to start something via text, if she would have said 'yeah she really wants to meet you and was wondering what you were doing next friday'' then I would have been all over it but through txt seems like far too much guess work to me.

plus I dont like the thought of hooking up with someone that a mate has engineered...If sommet goes wrong and she things your shit in bed or you couldnt get it up you just know that there is no way to stop your mates from finding out lol

Life's too short to worry whether your mates know your shit in bed, couldn't give a monkeys as long as I'm actually getting my dick wet.

Anyway, agree with everything else mate.

She sounds keen and said friday sounds great, all sounds too easy to be honest. Bit worried now. Will see what happens. We've talked a lot the past few days and she sounds brill, sounds a lot more interested than the last milf I was banging.

Right, I need to know of any good italian restaurants between south brum and halesowen. Id go to Zizzi's in harborne if it wasnt for the fact ive tried to unsuccessfully get the waitress's number in there a few too many times.

Right, I need to know of any good italian restaurants between south brum and halesowen. Id go to Zizzi's in harborne if it wasnt for the fact ive tried to unsuccessfully get the waitress's number in there a few too many times.

In reality you're a bit of a dirty slapper aren't you? :-)

Cafe Casita in Upper Gornal is my favourite place locally.

http://www.cafecasita.co.uk/

There is a nice one in Hagley called Va Bene.

Also, have you tried ASK opposite TGI's?

In reality you're a bit of a dirty slapper aren't you? :-)

I try my best, its only a recent thing though, years of being timid and not going for things got me no where, its since ive started taking Hank Moody life lessons to be honest. The great thing is, it **** works.

Dante, Wiggy, both of those are little too far but both sound great, two to remember for the future though! Think I may risk Zizzi's and hope she aint working.

Forgot about ASK, foods decent in there but its not really a date-y place to me, bit too clean and open rather than romantic and cosy. An option though, tempted actually.

Dante, Wiggy, both of those are little too far but both sound great, two to remember for the future though! Think I may risk Zizzi's and hope she aint working.

You said south Birmingham to Halesowen!?!? ASK is on the Hagley Road south of Birmingham and Hagley is about 2 miles down the road from Halesowen!!!

Fussy ****!!! :lol: :winkold:

Forgot about ASK, foods decent in there but its not really a date-y place to me, bit too clean and open rather than romantic and cosy. An option though, tempted actually.

I love ASK, but i get what you mean about not being a "date-y" type place. Still, very good food in there.

• 2 weeks later...
What are you insecure about buddy?

Myself mainly haha.

I was just seeing similarities between how my last relationship ended and how this one was going, but I was probably making it worse by linking things together that I shouldn't. Just my pessimistic nature.

I've acknowledged it and I'll work on thinking more positively. I'm not messing this up.

Â