Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I really hate to say this, buddy, and I really hope I'm wrong, but she could well be seeing somebody else, and she's looking for a smokescreen excuse to split up without owning up to the real reason. 

Not sure about these early menopause suggestions. I had the opposite experience - my wife had terrible hormonal rages that severely threatened our marriage, but the menopause was the best thing that could have happened - she calmed right down, and we've got along much better ever since. 

Whatever it is, I hope things work out for you. 

Thank you for your support, like everyone else offering any advice or care, it's so greatly appreciated.

I really hope she's not cheated again. It'd make me so hateful, and that's really not who I ever want to be. When I was young my parents were that way, I'm always determined not to be them.

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Also the keenness to go to Liverpool, is she close with people up there (aside from her mum)?

She is really close to her mum, and she's wanted to go back for a few years. She's close to her sisters and her mates too. We talk about it and always agree where we are is best for the kids for right now. They're doing very well in school and life, and have really good friends.

I'm not even against the idea in principle.

I feel really selfish because one the major reasons we stay is also for a health condition I have, ulcerative colitis. I have regular visits for infusions, blood tests, cameras, checkups. I'm sure she does hold that against me.

I do take her up once every two or three weeks though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Thank you for your support, like everyone else offering any advice or care, it's so greatly appreciated.

I really hope she's not cheated again. It'd make me so hateful, and that's really not who I ever want to be. When I was young my parents were that way, I'm always determined not to be them.

Hey, don’t read into my or anyone else’s instincts. I have major trust issues after being treated like absolute dogshit by my ex, and I tend to project them onto others. 

Follow your gut instinct, but I have to say, at the very least, her reaction is odd. You don’t just ask for a divorce over a disagreement. Even after learning the truth about the evil shit my ex had done to me, it still took me a couple of weeks to decide what to do about it. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

All the best @Jonesy7211 and if you need an alibi, I'm sure we can assist ;)

Hope Thursday goes well. I'm a fellow UC sufferer, although nowhere near as bad as you in terms of infusions etc. Even my mild case can be debilitating and exhausting. Hate to think what it is like for you. 

I can't offer much more than what other people have said mate. Concentrate on Thursday first.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Well, its more of a pain in the stomach, before it sprays out of your arse like a faulty shower-head ;) 

Shakespeare couldn’t have described it better.  Stealing that for the next consultant appointment.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Well, its more of a pain in the stomach, before it sprays out of your arse like a faulty shower-head ;) 

This is more true than people realise. I don't think they'll know the relief and happiness you can get when you have a great dump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Poo jokes are the best way to deal with it, the consultant will love it.

Indeed, and all the best for Thursday.  Unlike @Rds1983 I am still waiting for results, ultrasound showed liver disease hopefully(?) caused by my UC, which would be manageable,

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Indeed, and all the best for Thursday.  Unlike @Rds1983 I am still waiting for results, ultrasound showed liver disease hopefully(?) caused by my UC, which would be manageable,

Fingers crossed you get a positive result. I've been on immunosuppressants for 12 years and that has caused me all sorts of problems that had symptoms of other, more serious problems, but manageable once I got to the bottom of them. I hope this is the same for you.

9 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I've been on immunosuppressants for 12 years and that has caused me all sorts of problems that had symptoms of other, more serious problems, but manageable once I got to the bottom of them. I hope this is the same for you.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

@Jonesy7211 in 2001 my wife asked for a divorce. We had been married 2 years at that point and together much longer. We split up, I moved out and an absolutely fantastic few months. Then we actually sat down and talked, what were the issues, what were the problems, and an admittance that I was a word removed. Angry all the time, constantly arguing, a poor father, the entire family walked on eggshells around me. I obviously felt my wife was wrong. But she wasn't. So I moved back in, we both changed how we were, irritated that it took us splitting up to resolve the issues. That was 22 years ago. We have occasional words but I changed. I took on board what the criticisms were. I was a shit husband and father to being **** awesome. My suggestion is, take time out to neutral territory away from the home (it was lilleshall hill for us) and work through the problems. 

I can relate to a lot of this mate. Not quite at the awesome bit yet but working on it. 

• Like 2

Â