Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

20 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I've mentioned it previously but I went out with a girl from work. Beautiful, sweet girl, about 8 years younger than me (I was 29 at the time). We worked in the same building, different departments. 

Lasted around 6 months, then she ditched me and it went sour. I found out a few months afterwards that she was seeing some other colleague, had to hear the news second hand from a mutual friend. 

Anyway I ended up leaving shortly after. Probably for the best, I was fed up of the work anyway. But it wasn't the best circumstances to leave under.

Having said all that, I'm glad it all happened. Had some good memories and the bad stuff never seems as bad in retrospect.

Depends how robust you are with your feelings and how attached you are to your job I guess. Not everyone is a complete wuss like me. Foreveryoung's experience with his girl beats mine. :D

Just take it as an ego boost that a hot younger girl wanted to play hide the sausage with you. You can always take that with you! :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bah, dumped less than two weeks before Christmas. At least there's time to return all of the presents, and use it to buy shit to cheer myself up, **** yeah.

Sorry, fella. Chin up, there's like hundreds of millions of women out there.

Sorry to hear that mate. Glad you're looking on the positive side of things.

And yep, you're right Xela, that's how I look at it. Was nearly two years ago now, totally over it (I hope!) just bringing it up as an experience of a work place romance. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I dated a girl from work, the typical one everybody wanted, was great at the time. She just seemed to have an amazing personality, also being 10 years younger than me (when I was 31) probably flattered me a bit. Cut a long story short, she had a bit of a shitty upbringing and was very black and white. Found out she suffered from bipolar, though would never admit it. She made her psychologist break down, was insane on drunken nights out, but still probably still the most amazing person I ever met, taught me big life experiences. She went from working a crap office job, to working in marketing for Microsoft Europe, then touring America, to a grey 3 months at Spearmint Rhino's, when she fell at a all time low. How it lasted 5 years I do not know, Guess it only ended too, cause we decided to leave it all an go live with her family in New Zealand, though at the last minute I bottled it. Crazy crazy times for me.

The first two "relationships" I had were with girls who were totally mental. But they were both beautiful and talented, and smart. The first one was 4 years older than me, (I was 20), and she had gone to university in NYC. I was a carpenter's apprentice in suburban Boston, just kind of going in circles with kids I grew up with. My world was very small until I met her, she really opened up the world to me (books, music, other cultures, etc.) But she was crazy and didn't treat me well, so I ended up dumping her and she threatened to kill herself for 3 months afterwards if I didn't take her back. 

The other one was better looking, hotter in bed, but just as crazy, if not more. Troubled childhood, drug issues. I left her too. She didn't threaten suicide, but I found out that she actually did commit suicide a few years ago.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The first two "relationships" I had were with girls who were totally mental. But they were both beautiful and talented, and smart. The first one was 4 years older than me, (I was 20), and she had gone to university in NYC. I was a carpenter's apprentice in suburban Boston, just kind of going in circles with kids I grew up with. My world was very small until I met her, she really opened up the world to me (books, music, other cultures, etc.) But she was crazy and didn't treat me well, so I ended up dumping her and she threatened to kill herself for 3 months afterwards if I didn't take her back. 

The other one was better looking, hotter in bed, but just as crazy, if not more. Troubled childhood, drug issues. I left her too. She didn't threaten suicide, but I found out that she actually did commit suicide a few years ago.

I can totally relate to this. Imagine 5 years of it chap. The problem was her parents did not live here in the UK, an these girls are extremely vulnerable. I probably realised I could not handle it anymore at the most 3 years in, but what could I do? I couldn't really finish it and leave her on her own from what I had experienced, she probably would have ended up dead in the kerbside somewhere, something she continually thought herself.

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bah, dumped less than two weeks before Christmas. At least there's time to return all of the presents, and use it to buy shit to cheer myself up, **** yeah.

That's nazis for you. 

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Sorry to hear that.

But return the presents and spend the cash on strip clubs and drugs. You'll feel better

• Like 2

Â