Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

To be honest mate, from what you write on here, your relationship sounds poisonous. It shouldn't be like that should it? 

Maybe its time you took a long hard think about your future together. 

• Like 3

To be honest mate, from what you write on here, your relationship sounds poisonous. It shouldn't be like that should it? 

in an ideal world no. things are a bit tough at the moment and we have shit going on, but either way things are always going to be a bit volatile. we certainly clash because we both have strong personalities but we love each other and we have two amazing kids so we have got to get through it. my brain is blown to bits though after this weekend and hers certainly is too.

in an ideal world no. things are a bit tough at the moment and we have shit going on, but either way things are always going to be a bit volatile. we certainly clash because we both have strong personalities but we love each other and we have two amazing kids so we have got to get through it. my brain is blown to bits though after this weekend and hers certainly is too.

I think he meant drink, not think Ruge...

been doing plenty of that lately but im wise enough these days to know my answer does not lie at the bottom of a bottle, three quarters of the way down.... yes but at the bottom..... no.

• Like 1

To be honest mate, from what you write on here, your relationship sounds poisonous. It shouldn't be like that should it? Maybe its time you took a long hard think about your future together. 

been doing plenty of that lately but im wise enough these days to know my answer does not lie at the bottom of a bottle, three quarters of the way down.... yes but at the bottom..... no.

And also, if you don't finish the bottle you don't have to count it when you get collared by the bride / pulled over by the police [emoji1]

• Like 1

To be honest mate, from what you write on here, your relationship sounds poisonous. It shouldn't be like that should it? Maybe its time you took a long hard think about your future together. 

And also, if you don't finish the bottle you don't have to count it when you get collared by the bride / pulled over by the police emoji1.png

no flies on you.

I think it's probably the worst relationship I've ever had any sort of encounter with. 

I don't think I'd want to go through life crashing from one drama to another, seemingly always in the verge of crisis. I couldn't do that. It wouldn't strike me as a great relationship if that was what the relationship was, with both parties seemingly on a hair trigger with each other. At some point surely there's an argument too many, a falling out too far...?

I'm lucky that in my relationship we've never truly argued but everyone has moments that strain things and times where you drive each other mad, but they don't define things and they aren't the meat of the relationship.

horses for courses

I've had two or three proper arguments with my missus in 31 years. I've got friends that have been together longer than that and must argue 3 or 4 times a day. I'd do harm to somebody that argued that much, but then, I've avoided that scenario by not marrying someone like that.

Some people like it. They must do, so I have quite a neutral opinion on other people's drama.  

I think it's probably the worst relationship I've ever had any sort of encounter with. 

honestly?

Yup, it does depend. Though as someone who grew up in a house with shouty parents, I wouldn't recommend putting kids through it. Best soundproof a room and make it the shouty space.

thats the thing we are worried about, as some of the things are eldest said yesterday was not great and he has definitely picked up on it over the years. we usually try and not do it infront of the kids but its been quite bad lately. im hoping its just a bad spell but we both know if it continues we will have to breakup for everyones sake.

Â