Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

So...how about an update, George? :detect:

Well, he says that he still loves me, made a massive mistake etc etc etc, but he doesn't know whether he wants to get married and have kids (which is a prerequisite for me, especially after what happened).

So he's going to move out by the end of this week for a month or so, to think about whether he can give me what I want. If he can, then I will think about whether I can move on from all of this and get back together - not sure I can, to be honest, but it's not easy walking away from a 15 year relationship. The comment I made last week about Baselayers is looking like a much more attractive prospect at the moment! 

Please walk away from your 15 year relationship and offer yourself to Baselayers.  Please.

• Like 3

So...how about an update, George? :detect:

Well, he says that he still loves me, made a massive mistake etc etc etc, but he doesn't know whether he wants to get married and have kids (which is a prerequisite for me, especially after what happened).

So he's going to move out by the end of this week for a month or so, to think about whether he can give me what I want. If he can, then I will think about whether I can move on from all of this and get back together - not sure I can, to be honest, but it's not easy walking away from a 15 year relationship. The comment I made last week about Baselayers is looking like a much more attractive prospect at the moment!

Please walk away from your 15 year relationship and offer yourself to Baselayers. Please.

Sadly I'm not available.

Which is good because with these deviants in here...god knows.

Stalkers in trees etc

• Like 1

If he has to think about it, he can't. Kick his ass to the curb.

The Bearded One speaks the truth. If he hasn't battered your door down with apologies and isn't agreeing with your every demand he needs to go.

Do people still stalk?

I mean, you can just use facebook/twitter/instagram and it's all there for you anyway.

Not that I condone such behaviour.

Standing in a hedge to catch a glimpse seems a bit outdated, is all.

I liked the old fashioned way. Means you had to put a bit of effort in and made the resulting  J Arthur more satisfying. Especially when you are standing outside their bedroom window.

So, kicked him out tonight - he's just left. I caught him lying about where he'd been (which just happened to be in the same area where this woman lives), so I'm done. You were all right - I gave him more than enough chances (stupidly, really) and he threw them back in my face.

Very sad, but at least the tension has gone and I know where I stand. Just need to get on with the rest of my life now.

Thanks for all your support amd comments (even those which said to DHUTWU) - much appreciated.

Good for you, now you've got your choice of the single  lovely people  wierdo's on VT.  :D

From what you've posted on here, you have definitely done the right thing.

Edited by Avfc96

So, kicked him out tonight - he's just left. I caught him lying about where he'd been (which just happened to be in the same area where this woman lives), so I'm done. You were all right - I gave him more than enough chances (stupidly, really) and he threw them back in my face.

Very sad, but at least the tension has gone and I know where I stand. Just need to get on with the rest of my life now.

Thanks for all your support amd comments (even those which said to DHUTWU) - much appreciated.

I've come in at the end of this but well done & hugs.

• Like 1

From how you've put yourself across in text on this site you seem intelligent, caring, conscientious and appear to possess a good sense of humour and a high level of tolerance.

You have a very good job and have been places and will go places in the future too.

Obviously it is very early and you will still be feeling heartbroken because of the betrayal as you trusted him and you were together for a long time but It's good you took a step a lot of people are too scared to do.

At least now you've removed the negative aspect from your life and although nothing is certain in life, you've made sure your situation is perfect for meeting someone, if that's what you want, who will treat you the way you deserve to be, when you feel the time is right.

• Like 4

I think you've made the right choice.

It probably sucks right now, but in time I think you'll realise you've made the right choice.

And like I said before, if your relationship can be saved, this is the way it will happen. If you'd let him off you'd only be delaying the inevitable in him doing it again.

Stay strong, you've done the right thing.

It takes a lot of balls to end a long term relationship like that, it's so much easier to forgive and try and pretend things are good when really the issue is left unresolved.

You did good.

Edited by Ginko

I know I say this a lot, most of the time jokingly, but I love you 8pints.

Thoroughly decent human being.

Sorry for your news George, but from speaking to you on here you easily deserve better than that rocket polisher.

• Like 2

Â