Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

So George is a newly single, young Villa fan?

Not quite so young Wainy316, but the rest is accurate, yes. However, I could never replace Baselayers.

Hmm, she's had a rubbish time with men as well and I think she's about my age. Maybe we should just get together - probably would be easier than trying to find a decent man (no offence to you lovely people, of course).

Would you be an auntie by any chance?
  • Like 2

I'm sorry to hear that George but youve made the right choice.

Only one thing can make you feel better now. Please submit bikini and lingerie photos to VT for objectification  approval  ogling  pervery   confidence building purposes.

• Like 1

So, I went for a date on Saturday, highlighted this in the weekend plans thread, and was immediatley informed I must inform all how the date went in this thread. I frickin' love VT.

The date started off very well. Natural, zero awkwardness, she was looking hot, (I am probably batting out of my league with this one), and all very cheerful.

She then informs me through the natural progression of conversation that her worst date ever, was with a friend of mine. (She didnt know he was a friend). And she hooked up with him out of pity.

Date over.

Soooooo............. Did you......?

Nope, I did not. I did tell her I know this guy and hes a relatively good friend. She was utterly mortified, to be expected I suppose. I think im seeing her again, but not sure. Im a little worried however that she was always be known as the girl who banged my friend out of pity. This would tarnish things slightly.

Anyway, im just out of a batshitcrazy relationship with a batshitcrazy girl who can be best described as batshitcrazy. I fully intend to have zero commitment to anyone in my life for the forsseable future.

So, kicked him out tonight - he's just left. I caught him lying about where he'd been (which just happened to be in the same area where this woman lives), so I'm done. You were all right - I gave him more than enough chances (stupidly, really) and he threw them back in my face.

Very sad, but at least the tension has gone and I know where I stand. Just need to get on with the rest of my life now.

Thanks for all your support amd comments (even those which said to DHUTWU) - much appreciated.

Applause :-)

Good decision!

• Like 1

So, kicked him out tonight - he's just left. I caught him lying about where he'd been (which just happened to be in the same area where this woman lives), so I'm done. You were all right - I gave him more than enough chances (stupidly, really) and he threw them back in my face.

Very sad, but at least the tension has gone and I know where I stand. Just need to get on with the rest of my life now.

Thanks for all your support amd comments (even those which said to DHUTWU) - much appreciated.

Nice to see you are moving forward.

And remember - A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle!

Soooooo............. Did you......?

Nope, I did not. I did tell her I know this guy and hes a relatively good friend. She was utterly mortified, to be expected I suppose. I think im seeing her again, but not sure. Im a little worried however that she was always be known as the girl who banged my friend out of pity. This would tarnish things slightly.

Anyway, im just out of a batshitcrazy relationship with a batshitcrazy girl who can be best described as batshitcrazy. I fully intend to have zero commitment to anyone in my life for the forsseable future.

Dude if you like the girl, just forget about it. Me and my mates have been out with loads of women that others in our circle of friends have slept with. Some are even married now. This shit really isn't important. Life's too short to care.  

You're right though, if you're just out of a relationship with a nutjob, then enjoy being single and have a bit of fun for a bit.

Once certain members of VT see me ('of all people') replying to your post the knives will out. However I wish to reply to your post from a different perspective than anyone else on here.

You have made exactly the right decision and I'll explain why. If you had given your partner a second chance it would have been on the basis of commitment, a commitment that eventually your partner wouldn't be able to keep and he would have eventually turned that commitment into an excuse for him to cheat again or worse still to leave you and the kids he never wanted in the first place.

You see from a cheat's perspective he only gave it a second chance because he didn't want to hurt you and everything was done for you and not the relationship. He would have eventually used that second chance as a stranglehold on him and a reason to run away.

There are some men who, for whatever reason just cannot commit to anything. They try due to conformity but ultimately fail because they simply cannot commit. It doesn't excuse cheating and the best way is always to inform your partner before anything happens but it is the cheat's mentality that it is always someone else's fault that he has been forced into doing it.

Does that make them a bad person? A bad partner/husband certainly and indeed a liar who cannot be trusted in any relationship but maybe your x partner has other redeeming features which might eventually see you both remain friends and leave you finding your perfect partner elsewhere. 

Once certain members of VT see me ('of all people') replying to your post the knives will out. However I wish to reply to your post from a different perspective than anyone else on here.

You have made exactly the right decision and I'll explain why. If you had given your partner a second chance it would have been on the basis of commitment, a commitment that eventually your partner wouldn't be able to keep and he would have eventually turned that commitment into an excuse for him to cheat again or worse still to leave you and the kids he never wanted in the first place.

You see from a cheat's perspective he only gave it a second chance because he didn't want to hurt you and everything was done for you and not the relationship. He would have eventually used that second chance as a stranglehold on him and a reason to run away.

There are some men who, for whatever reason just cannot commit to anything. They try due to conformity but ultimately fail because they simply cannot commit. It doesn't excuse cheating and the best way is always to inform your partner before anything happens but it is the cheat's mentality that it is always someone else's fault that he has been forced into doing it.

Does that make them a bad person? A bad partner/husband certainly and indeed a liar who cannot be trusted in any relationship but maybe your x partner has other redeeming features which might eventually see you both remain friends and leave you finding your perfect partner elsewhere. 

The most important question anyone can ask themselves is whether they have the ability to pick the right sort of partner or not.

A very rare gift indeed and one which is massively underrated.

The choice between the steady and the comfortable and the exciting, is always difficult.

All too often people pick partners who will impress their friends and give them status and then find that are stuck with someone selfish.

• Like 1

Â