RIP Gary Speed

RussG

The rumour was on a lot of football sites last night. As was pointed out by my Everton fan mate, Duncan Ferguson was on the pitch with Speed's father, at the Everton match last week. If this was true, do you honestly think this would have happened? I think the fact that an unfound rumour like this spread so quickly, and so many people believed it was true without questioning it, is pretty sick. If it turns out to be true, then I'll re-evaluate my opinion, but until then Ferguson is innocent until proven guilty.

IMO Speed wasn't depressed...

something was about to happen or he found out something he didnt like and snapped....

god knows if any of these rumours are true but something caused him to kill himself and i don't think for one second it was a long history of depression....

and if it was something awful that he simply couldn't live with, i doubt we will ever find out

• 2 weeks later...
IMO Speed wasn't depressed...

something was about to happen or he found out something he didnt like and snapped....

god knows if any of these rumours are true but something caused him to kill himself and i don't think for one second it was a long history of depression....

and if it was something awful that he simply couldn't live with, i doubt we will ever find out

This.

Talking to a journo mate last night and he was saying he felt something huge was about to break, but it is now going to be swept under the carpet.

I heard something last night about him being out on the Saturday night and in really good spirits. His wife then woke in the night to find him missing and went to look for him and found him in the furthest garage/shed away from his house behind all the machinery and ride on lawn mowers.

He had nothing wrong with him on the Saturday night and was due to open up a shop with someone the following Wednesday. They had an idea he might have been sleepwalking.

Â