RIP Gary Speed

RussG

Bryn Law is genuinely upset, it is such a sad situation. I guess the bit I didn't put across very well in fact very poorly was why sky continued to film and then air a man who is clearly very upset.

Anyway enough if that

Rest in peace Gary Speed

Bryn Law is genuinely upset, it is such a sad situation. I guess the bit I didn't put across very well in fact very poorly was why sky continued to film and then air a man who is clearly very upset.

Anyway enough if that

Rest in peace Gary Speed

Sure I wasnt slating you, just disagreeing with you on this and the savage comment.

Anyway enough if that

Rest in peace Gary Speed

They only continued filming for about two seconds. :| I'm not a huge fan of News Corporation but this is ridiculous.

They cut back to the studio pretty much immediately, i would assume as quickly as possible, and it was obviously sooner than it should have been given Georgie's reaction.

Stop trying to pick holes where there aren't any!

That clip brought tears to my eyes and confused me even more why he did this. Points more and more to depression but lets wait and see.

Peoples ignorance of mental health issues never fails to amaze me and winds me up how people call them cowards for doing it when in reality they must be in one hell of a bad place and you just dont think normally in this situation, plus takes some bollocks.

It's just so sad isn't it?

I have no experience of knowing anyone with depression, luckily. Saying that, my cousins father commited suicide, but it was a cry for help that went wrong.. And I must admit I been one in the past thats said 'cheer up, look how lucky you are compared to other people', but it obviously just doesn't work like that.

It's amazing when you hear him texting people saying 'XXXXXX, and I'll see you soon'... Do you think at the point he said that, he meant it? Or is suicide something you run over and over in your head? Surely it cannot be a spare of the moment thing?

I don't think myself or anyone who I've heard on the radio/tv can get their heads around it... In a way, it would have been better for the police to have seen foul play, because at least then there is a reason for it, someone the wife and kids can blame..

Its just such a sad, sad thing to happen.

RIP Gary :(

Know someone who was walking his cows to the fields one morning and heard an engine running, he found a car with running with the windows steamed up and thought it was a couple at it but decided to go back and noticed the pipe from the exhauste going into the car and he smashed the window and dragged the guy out.

He had blood coming from his eyes and ears and an ambulance was called. Problem is that he now regrets dragging him out as the guy has complete brain damage and was better off staying in the car and finishing the job.

Know someone who was walking his cows to the fields one morning and heard an engine running, he found a car with running with the windows steamed up and thought it was a couple at it but decided to go back and noticed the pipe from the exhauste going into the car and he smashed the window and dragged the guy out.

He had blood coming from his eyes and ears and an ambulance was called. Problem is that he now regrets dragging him out as the guy has complete brain damage and was better off staying in the car and finishing the job.

Im guessing he would have the same feelings had he left him there to peg it!

Very sad, no win situation.

Just listening to Alan Shearer talking about him.. on Football focus they were planning they're families holidays to Portugal and he was laughing and joking with everyone on and off set.

It cannot be as simple as - he commited suicide, the guy just had too much to live for..

The inquest verdict will give the pointer. Suicide, accidental, or misadventure.

Only then will things become clearer to the outside world. For those who were close to him, I would think that it is pretty clear already, but it appears that not too many were close to him.

For those who were close to him, I would think that it is pretty clear already, but it appears that not too many were close to him.

Does it? not the impression I've got over the last couple of days.

What I was thinking!? surely other way around.

I hope the reasons come out anyway, It's just so tragic and well out of nowhere, It makes me really want to know why.

For those who were close to him, I would think that it is pretty clear already, but it appears that not too many were close to him.

Nor me, seems like he was extremely popular and wasnt short of close friends.

Which makes it all the more strange.

Nor me, but the impression given by the media is that he committed suicide, which seems highly likely under the circumstances, but is yet to be confirmed.

And we are led to believe that some mates, like Robbie Savage, knew him well, but there can be a difference between a 'mate' and a close friend, and I don't have the impression that Savage was anything more than a mate that he bantered with from time to time.

What I was thinking!? surely other way around.

I hope the reasons come out anyway, It's just so tragic and well out of nowhere, It makes me really want to know why.

Catch 22 isnt it? Hundreds of people have come out eulogising (sp?!) about how amazing he was and what a consumate person he was, yet none close enough to know he was poorly in such a serious way.

Also, if all these people, or even some of them had told him how much they cared about him (which they may well have done, im just playing devils advocate), perhaps he wouldnt have taken the route in life and death he has gone down.

Mental health issues aren't easy to spot, even for someone as close as a family member.

Oh absolutely. A very close family member of mine committed suicide a number of years ago, and although I knew she was unhappy, I would never have conceived suicide an option.

Â