RIP Gary Speed

RussG

Personally I think it's entirely conceivable to keep such a thing from even the closest of friends. That said, I'd assume his wife must have known something was up, even if she didnt fully understand the magnitude of the situation. Ofcourse this is all conjecture, but I think it would be almost impossible to entirely hide such extreme feelings from the person you share most of your life with. Even then, he may have just seemed a bit down.

You don't know how close or not he was to his wife

What we do know is he had a demanding job that would have meant a lot of time away from home, as has been the case when playing

She may not have spotted any signs

Joey Barton who demands x amount of money calling someone else selfish? Haha

Well how dare people be more interested in the tragic death of a highly respected professional when HE wanted to continue his petty row with the Barcodes board and grab the headlines.

We may never know the truth behind this deeply upsetting incident but I just hope that whatever happened his family can remember the good things about Gary. And I am sure with all the heart felt tributes given this week that they will.

Robbie Savage to dedicate strictly dance to speed

Call me a cynic, but this guy is just a self publicising prick

i dont like savage, in fact i think he is a muppet of the highest order

however i dont agree with this whatsoever. guys just lost a close friend and was clearly devastated so he wants to make this a tribute.

does that make newcastle united publicing pricks for what they are doing tomorrow? or everton?

Robbie Savage to dedicate strictly dance to speed

Call me a cynic, but this guy is just a self publicising prick

Seriously, what's your problem with this whole situation?

You seem intent on badmouthing everything about it!

If one of my friends had died, i'd probably do something in tribute to them. Robbie Savage was Gary's friend, Gary had seen him on Strictly. Like it or not, Strictly is watched by millions and millions of people, and is by far the most publicly watched thing Savage has probably ever done if we're honest, plus it's the activity he's doing in the immediate period following the tragedy.

Why WOULDN'T he dedicate his performance to Gary Speed? it's no different to him dedicating a game or a goal to Speed if he was still playing.

I hate Strictly, and don't particulalry like Savage, but there's nothign wrong with this.

I find your determination to find something cynical or conspiracy-like about the whole thing quite disturbing

Â