Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

Taking your last comment first, frankly I don't care. Unlike some on here (and this in not an accusation against you) I don't have this burning desire for the most "like" posts and am more than happy to be a lone voice

You are right in the rumours of Gay and Paedo being linked (through ignorance I may add) out there in the rumour heaven that is internetland. What I object very strongly to though is any sort of assumption that in reality the two are linked. That for me is a very dangerous one (and wrong). No fuel, again IMO, should ever be added to that particular fire and that means that people of influence especially have to be very careful to make sure they do not allow it to happen in any way

As said i think, and a quick trawl on the thousands of comments on forums such as Twitter agreeing, that Cameron while rightly not reacting to Schofield "list", he should never have mentioned homosexuality in his reply as all it has now done is enabled people to try and make some link between the two.

I'm glad thats not an accusation against me, as I don't even know how many 'Likes' I've had and I don't really care to either. The system for me is just a way of saying 'this' without having to type and waste space.

I don't see how Cameron is making that assumption - if anything he's fighting against the assumption, quite clearly. He has had to acknowledge the assumption to warn against and combat it. A man of influence (and I do think a lot of people respect Cameron) making that clear warning is better than simply avoiding it as a taboo.

• Like 1

never really get this argument .. what about the quick trawl of the many thousands more that don't agree

Not saying I don't believe you but could you link to all the thousands of comments please :)

Tony stop trolling

Even you can do a quick Twitter search on Cameron Gay comments

I'm glad thats not an accusation against me, as I don't even know how many 'Likes' I've had and I don't really care to either. The system for me is just a way of saying 'this' without having to type and waste space.

I don't see how Cameron is making that assumption - if anything he's fighting against the assumption, quite clearly. He has had to acknowledge the assumption to warn against and combat it. A man of influence (and I do think a lot of people respect Cameron) making that clear warning is better than simply avoiding it as a taboo.

I did say it was not against you !

As for Cameron it was an ill thought use of words, and did little to promote what you are saying and what I hope he really meant. By even bringing it in to that conversation as he did enabled some to bring it up when in reality it had no place. Ill thought words from someone who should have know better

And just for Tony to stop his comments a selection of Twitter comments

Cameron didn't deserve to be put on the spot like that. But why did he have to mention gay people?

David Cameron criticised over gay ‘witch-hunt’ remarks http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/11/08/david-cameron-criticised-over-gay-witch-hunt-remarks/ … via @PinkNews @david_cameron Gay does not equate to child abuser

So David Cameron thinks this pedophile scandal will cause a witch hunt of gay people. Either he's homophobic or a pedophile. Common sense.
- there are some strange people :-)

@Schofe hate the fact Cameron associated Paedophiles with Gay men

@Schofe A paedophile whether straight or gay is a paedophile. Sexuality is not the issue, committing henious criminal acts is Mr Cameron

etc etc etc ......

Tony stop trolling

Even you can do a quick Twitter search on Cameron Gay comments

oh come on lighten up it was a light hearted post

and I refuse to use twitter , so no I couldn't ;)

I have over 7 likes

I'm a mf rockstar

and I don't do twitter

this rolling brawl of a subject is turning into a great example of how new media can force something into the light of day because nobody can control it, and then set about losing momentum and focus because nobody can control it.

Peter Thatchall defended Cameron on 5 live this morning.

What he says on his web site is

Viewers who were unaware of this full context may, however, have interpreted Cameron’s words and intentions very differently. His mention of gay people and an anti-gay witch-hunt was unexpected and unprompted. Schofield had not mentioned any gay involvement.

This led many members of the public to believe the Prime Minister was linking homosexuality with paedophilia - which is probably not what he intended to suggest.

Inadvertently and unfortunately, Cameron reinforced the prejudice that associates gay people with child sex abuse.

At this stage, based on known evidence, there is no reason why anyone should link the current paedophile scandals with gay people. The police investigations concern paedophilia, not homosexuality.

Most child sex abuse involves heterosexual men and young girls; usually within the family. Homosexuality and paedophilia are two very different sexual attractions. Gay people are not paedophiles.

I find it curious and interesting the way the above defence has been worded. No less than 6 times in quite a short paragraph do words describing homosexuality almost immediately precede the word paedophilia. Almost as if the person is trying to hammer home a subconscious correlation through repetition while appearing to verbalise the exact opposite. Or maybe I'm being too cynical and tinfoil-hatty :) I just think it could have been worded very differently.

DC does seem to have had one of those moments we sometimes witness when we go to a meeting with our boss or senior manager and they drop an absolute clanger. But you can't say or do anything as he's the boss.

What he says on his web site is

Viewers who were unaware of this full context may, however, have interpreted Cameron’s words and intentions very differently. His mention of gay people and an anti-gay witch-hunt was unexpected and unprompted. Schofield had not mentioned any gay involvement.

This led many members of the public to believe the Prime Minister was linking homosexuality with paedophilia - which is probably not what he intended to suggest.

Inadvertently and unfortunately, Cameron reinforced the prejudice that associates gay people with child sex abuse.

At this stage, based on known evidence, there is no reason why anyone should link the current paedophile scandals with gay people. The police investigations concern paedophilia, not homosexuality.

Most child sex abuse involves heterosexual men and young girls; usually within the family. Homosexuality and paedophilia are two very different sexual attractions. Gay people are not paedophiles.

You failed to show below which is also on his website.

In these circumstances, perhaps the Prime Minister’s words were understandable and reasonable. He was reacting to unsubstantiated internet allegations and what looks like a scatter-gun denunciation of gay top Tories.

seems there is now a video doing the rounds on the interweb of Max Clifford boasting about a dead politician who had sex with 2 under age girls but suggests the family took the money to keep quiet

“I’ve got all the evidence. I’m the one who’s hidden it from the world. I know where everything is and the proof is”

This is very good. Worth quoting in full:

10 Questions - Lost in care, lost in unsubtle diversionary tactics

As the mainstream media circus is getting into full swing with what would appear to be a massive distraction campaign from the essence and core issues surrounding the child abuse allegations against both establishment and public figures, and a wider abuse network of which they appear to have been a part, now is an opportune time to introduce some simple and clear questions, all of which remain hitherto unaddressed and unaswered.

No allegations, no speculation, simply unanswered questions that, in light of the level and extent of criminal abuse involved, urgently need to be addressed:

1. What is the status of the inquiry into Paul Pelham 'Peter' Righton's evidence file which "contains clear intelligence of a widespread paedophile ring", as referred to by Labour MP Tom Watson during Prime Minister's Question Time on 24 October, 2012?

2. Who are the 30-or-so names redacted from the Waterhouse Report, allegations against whom were never investigated further, and why were the allegations against the accused during the inquiry never investigated?

3. Who is the senior Conservative, known to be still alive, that was accused of abuse? (Note that the senior Tory, from information provided again by MP Tom Watson, is not Sir Peter Morrison. Nor is it another senior Tory who today placed himself in the public spotlight today, via the Guardian, despite never being accused publicly by any of the abuse victims).

4. What was the process behind, and who ordered, the destruction of abuse victim Steve Messham's photographic evidence of abuse that he handed to the police?

5. Why was Sir Peter Morrison never arrested and charged for his links to the North Wales abuse?

6. Given that not just anyone is allowed free access to members of the royal family and other establishment figures, what information is, or was, held by the intelligence services on Jimmy Savile and all the named individuals accused of abuse, including those publicly named and those whose names were redacted from the Waterhouse report?

7. What is the status of the notes and videos that were kept as evidence by Lee Johns, also known as Lee Homberg, and which were removed by police in a raid on his home after his alleged 'suicide'?

8. The Johns family have demanded a new inquest into the death of Adrian Johns in a suspicious fire at a Brighton flat acquired for him by John Allen, who headed the Bryn Alyn 'care' home at the centre of the abuse scandal and was sentenced for six years imprisonment for indecent assault offences. A fireman stated that the fire in which Johns died was seated in three separate locations, strongly suggesting that Johns did not die accidentally but as part of a deliberate arson attack. What plans are there for any of the 10 or so inquiries announced by various bodies to examine the suspicious circumstances surrounding the arson attack in which five people died and which led to the apparent suicides of two others, following allegations of links between the deaths and the fact that two of the victims had been residents at a Welsh children's home.

9. What is the status of the Metropolitan Police's Operation Yewtree Jimmy Savile abuse investigation and where has it led seeing as there have been no arrests beyond two of Savile's associates, apparently on unrelated matters, and the only related arrests being those of Gary Glitter and Freddie Starr?

10. What part has the establishment and the power it commands played in the shutting down of allegations, investigations and the pursuit of justice against those accused of heinous crimes of abuse.

This list is by no means complete, but it is certainly an uncontroversial starting point for further investigation, as would be the publication of the pulped Jillings Report, and some explanation from the mainstream media journalists that have interviewed Steve Messham as to why they never bothered to show Messham a photograph of the man against whom he had made allegations.

Additional reading: Lost in Care - http://j.mp/LostInCarePDF

Â