plans for the weeeeekend

leemond2008

Handing in my resignation tomorrow, so a bit nervous and have had a couple of whisky's as a result!

How did it go?

New job or couldn't face working there anymore?! 

Handing in my resignation tomorrow, so a bit nervous and have had a couple of whisky's as a result!

How did it go?

New job or couldn't face working there anymore?! 

Better than expected. Got the generic (disappointed but good opportunity) stuff from the partner but a really lovely note from someone in HR who recruited me originally.

Think my nerves were a mixture of the realisation I was actually resigning from a job I had no original intentions of leaving a month ago and the fact my new job is subject the standard background check process (I was also rushed when I filled out the form and made a small omission which looks a tad poor on my part should it get picked up) and would therefore be very humiliating if it was to fall through.

Still, happy as larry now but agreed to give the partner a week of keeping it quiet to allow the necessary plans to be made - would love to be able to tell a few more people!

Are you Paul Lambert? Please be Paul Lambert.

Sorry!

• 2 months later...

BUMP! FA CUP WEEKEND SPECIAL!!

So the plan is... Few beers tonight. Football Focus and a bacon sandwich in the morning. Go to the shop and buy a bag of cans. Watch Arsenal vs Reading. Watch Match of the Day. Get up on Sunday at about 7. Get to the train station. Meet the North East Lions on the 8:27 to Kings Cross, sing, and laugh, and drink, drink, drink and drink. Try not to get thrown off the train. Tube to Wembley. Find a pub, and drink, drink, drink and drink. Then I might go and watch some football match or other that supposed to be on. Might be worth a look. 

• Like 4

**** off Dave, just **** off

I'm going to the RHS Cardiff Flower Show tomorrow.

I had to go and see 'Cats' last weekend.

I used to be a man.

That's what I'm doing next weekend.

Pretty good one lined up.

Train up to Birmingham tomorrow, for the 2.8 Hours Later zombie chase thing, which is followed by a zombie disco.  Won't stay too late before retiring to my hotel on Broad Street as I have a 7am bus to catch to London town for the small matter of an FA cup semi final.  Should be at the Clay Oven for about 10am for Danny Brown's 'Rock Wembley' party, which will feature Peter Withe and Gary Shaw with more tba.

Come on the Villa!!!

• Like 3

sit in the sun, drink a lot of alcohol & avoid all liverpool supporting friends and family.

Nice that you added the 'liverpool supporting' bit for this weekend.

:trollface:

• Like 2

Pretty good one lined up.

Train up to Birmingham tomorrow, for the 2.8 Hours Later zombie chase thing, which is followed by a zombie disco. Won't stay too late before retiring to my hotel on Broad Street as I have a 7am bus to catch to London town for the small matter of an FA cup semi final. Should be at the Clay Oven for about 10am for Danny Brown's 'Rock Wembley' party, which will feature Peter Withe and Gary Shaw with more tba.

Come on the Villa!!!

2.8 hrs is quality! Did one in Sheffield with my wife, who was 5 months pregnant and few mates.

It's hilarious, get caught near the end, and REALLY enjoy the after party

In the pub

Curry when I get home

Chill out tomorrow

Watch villa on Sunday...If I can be bothered, might just stay at home and chill out

You might not watch the game!?

Sorry I meant go out and watch the villa or stay in and chill out and watch it on my laptop

In the pub

Curry when I get home

Chill out tomorrow

Watch villa on Sunday...If I can be bothered, might just stay at home and chill out

You might not watch the game!?
Sorry I meant go out and watch the villa or stay in and chill out and watch it on my laptop

Oh, fair enough then.

Saturday noontime will be a history maker in the USA. Two live English football games being shown on free national TV networks (NBC and Fox) at the same time. Amazing. So I'll be jumping back and forth between the two games, then I'll probably go buy some beer, come home and drink it. Walk the dog. Maybe watch a movie. 

Curry and a few drinks out with some of my old school mates tonight, a long overdue catch up.

Tomorrow, get an early train to go and see my old man and then spend the rest of the day eating whilst watching football. It's always nice to spend a weekend with my dad, we can just talk football for hours on end. It's something I should look to do more regularly while I am not tied down by having a family and having proper commitments. 

Sunday will be spent winding up my Scouse supporting step mum, having a few drinks and then watching Villa win. Then a nice train journey home Sunday night, with Monday booked off!

All in all, should be a very good weekend.

sunday goes without saying. sadly, at home in front of the tv alone at 10am....

if we make the final, i think i might head to nyc where there will be a decent villa group

• Like 1

sunday goes without saying. sadly, at home in front of the tv alone at 10am....

if we make the final, i think i might head to nyc where there will be a decent villa group

alone?

I think you've been invited to the match thread.

We're gonna bitch about all the plastics and glory hunters that abandoned VT for some crappy match ticket.

• Like 3

Â