Weekends football 22/23 October

andykeenan

In the words of the great Oprah Winfrey, " From the beginning, being a colored, then Negro, then black, then African-American child"

It's hard to work out what is politically correct, and what is not. Anton Ferdinand is certainly black, and to many of us he is a word removed, so Terry's alleged description could be accurate. Had he called him an ugly bastard he would only have been half right, as the guy has a father.

And then Terry is a potentially much bigger word removed, who is neither black, nor a bastard, but pretty damn ugly.

Perhaps there are too many outraged souls in this world. :winkold:

Thought Milner was absolutely brilliant today. Another one who escaped and dashed our dream of CL football. Still, best of luck to him.

Nah, he let us down

Agreed. Villa treated him like a prince from the very first, and when things got just a little bit uncomfortable, he left. Loyalty shown, but not reciprocated, just like Downing.

I can't help but like Milner, but it bothers me that players can just up and leave whenever they want.

If Barry, Milner, Downing and Young all had the guts to stick it out with Villa, they'd be heroes forever, and we'd be challenging for silverware.

Milner may have wanted to leave, but we certainly did a good job of selling him. We were manager less but rather than let the new man sell him if he wanted to, those up stairs saw the possibility of money and Stephen Ireland to be more compelling.

Will no doubt be worthy of it's own thread when the story breaks properly but john terry has been caught calling anton Ferdinand a **** black word removed

That's disgusting... Ferdinand is only half black.

Can't believe someone on here said Bent was better than RVP. The man is class.

I find it hard to believe anyone would seriously say that. RVP is one of the best strikers in the world and unfortunately for Arsenal I don't see them keeping him after this season.

Can't believe someone on here said Bent was better than RVP. The man is class.

I find it hard to believe anyone would seriously say that. RVP is one of the best strikers in the world and unfortunately for Arsenal I don't see them keeping him after this season.

Agreed. He has something like 25 in 26 for Arsenal this year (it is quite convenient that his hot streak started on new years day) and he has 6 in 6 for Holland in 2011 too. Not bad going, and I expect he might be asking for a salary that Arsenal will struggle to meet. Dunno who would go in for him though, Man City were always the obvious name to link everybody with but they look like they have a settled attack now and all their strikers are young. Dzeko is 25, Aguero is 23 and Balotelli has only just turned 21. If they offload Tevez then I guess they might be looking for another and a player of Van Persie's class and experience might be exactly what they need but its far from certain.

Dunno who would go in for him though

because he is world class when fit and dutch footballers have this great history at most top european clubs i can see a host of clubs wanting him, whether or not they can afford him is something entirely different

i actually think he's one of the few players left who could do a job at barca or if madrid get shot of benzema, other than that there will be at least 2 huge italian clubs who fall well short this season and will see him as a massive signing

just hope he doesnt end up at city/malaga/psg

Â