Weekends football 22/23 October

andykeenan

But how good is David Silva? SCARY. I'm not sure how Gareth Barry gets a starting spot in that team, but credit Mancini for getting it all right.

Because he is a top class midfielder, the best Aston Villa player of his generation and, along with his present team mate Milner, they are probably the second and third best Villa players of the Premier League years.

His Villa days have nothing to do with this season with Manchester City. I'm not surprised City wanted Barry when they came for him, but I am surprised that 3 years later, in this team full of Galacticos, he still starts for them.

But how good is David Silva? SCARY. I'm not sure how Gareth Barry gets a starting spot in that team, but credit Mancini for getting it all right.

Because he is a top class midfielder, the best Aston Villa player of his generation and, along with his present team mate Milner, they are probably the second and third best Villa players of the Premier League years.

He's not a top class midfielder, Essien, Xabi Alonso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Barry?

No, he's just a good solid CM.

He's not a top class midfielder, Essien, Xabi Alonso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Barry?

Of course, he doesn't have a foreign name, so he can't be any good :bang:

I think the general point is that Barry's best days are behind him, he's slow as ****, and he is surrounded by truly world class players... a group that he doesn't have a swipe card to get into.

Yeah, that was my point. It's because he's called Barry. Not because they are in an entirely different league to him in every way.

I'm not sure why people value somebody who just takes the ball and passes it to somebody close by so highly. He was our saviour in the WC eh?

Yeah, that was my point. It's because he's called Barry. Not because they are in an entirely different league to him in every way.

I'm not sure why people value somebody who just takes the ball and passes it to somebody close by so highly. He was our saviour in the WC eh?

By your rationale only Xabi Alonso, of those you named, can be deemed worthy then.

How poor is Anderson? The midfield of him and Fletcher was always going to be overrun. Don't understand why Welbeck starts for Man Utd either, Hernandez is miles better IMO

I think Ferguson is trying to ease him back after his injury...

Thought Milner was absolutely brilliant today. Another one who escaped and dashed our dream of CL football. Still, best of luck to him.

Nah, he let us down

Agreed. Villa treated him like a prince from the very first, and when things got just a little bit uncomfortable, he left. Loyalty shown, but not reciprocated, just like Downing.

I can't help but like Milner, but it bothers me that players can just up and leave whenever they want.

If Barry, Milner, Downing and Young all had the guts to stick it out with Villa, they'd be heroes forever, and we'd be challenging for silverware.

Will no doubt be worthy of it's own thread when the story breaks properly but john terry has been caught calling anton Ferdinand a **** black word removed

if true their goes his England captaincy again and possibly england place. cant imagine likes of Young, Rio or Bent wanting to play wiht him

Will no doubt be worthy of it's own thread when the story breaks properly but john terry has been caught calling anton Ferdinand a **** black word removed

get that book out, I hope they **** nail him

Not seen the youtube clip yet but a few people have said it looked more like he said ' blind word removed '

Â