Xbox One

hogso

Got mine today and I really like it so far. Not sure what peoples problems with the dashboard are, it's better than the 360's

Is a bit of a pain getting to your friends list, though.

He has a PS4 but he's an Xbox fanboy :P

I'm a PC fanboy if truth be told, it's just a weird time to upgrade at the moment as I think hyperthreading and DDR4 will become a thing in light of the new consoles so I'm prepared to wait a while for i7's and DDR4 to drop in price. I dare say I'll end up with an Xbone at some point too.

He has a PS4 but he's an Xbox fanboy :P

I'm a PC fanboy if truth be told, it's just a weird time to upgrade at the moment as I think hyperthreading and DDR4 will become a thing in light of the new consoles so I'm prepared to wait a while for i7's and DDR4 to drop in price. I dare say I'll end up with an Xbone at some point too.

Wasn't aware the the PS4 is similarly crippled.

Its poor really, its all about forcing customers to consume the media from their particular storefront instead if giving the customer the best experience possible.

Is this what you're trying to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrp9lHL-ARQ

Cheers for that, yes we can do that but what he wants to do and what he could do on the 360 was browse to the Plex server, chose a video and play it - all from his Xbox. This is hardly a good experience IMHO

I'm going to be building a PC again in the next couple of years, I'd imagine now is the worst time to be building one. In a couple of years the 'new' consoles will start holding the PCs back again, so you could probably build one that could last a lot longer than if you were to build one now.

Not sure if a couple of years is early enough for 4K gaming though.

Wasn't aware the the PS4 is similarly crippled.

Its poor really, its all about forcing customers to consume the media from their particular storefront instead if giving the customer the best experience possible.

Is this what you're trying to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrp9lHL-ARQ

Cheers for that, yes we can do that but what he wants to do and what he could do on the 360 was browse to the Plex server, chose a video and play it - all from his Xbox. This is hardly a good experience IMHO

Coming in an October update :thumb:

Got mine today and I really like it so far. Not sure what peoples problems with the dashboard are, it's better than the 360's

Is a bit of a pain getting to your friends list, though.

I'm not a fan with how long it takes to do stuff personally. Before you just press the dashboard button and it came up and you could do everything smoothly from there. Now it basically opens a separate application for messages, friends, the game you're playing, etc. Nothing terrible, just a slight annoyance.

Â