Xbox One

hogso

I'm a fanboy, If I weren't, I wouldn't have bought the bloody thing! Well maybe not so much a fanboy of Xbox, but a hater of Sony. Never liked them. Never will.  From a gaming perspective, there's very little reason at all to choose the One over the PS4. Other than better control pads. 

Kurtsimonw, I put it to you that you are in actual fact a Microsoft fanboy.

Oh theres plenty of fan boys in here check most of the posts on this page.

Are you including me in that? (I ask because I was sort of half defending the playstation)

If so, then you're definition of a fanboy is way off.

Nope, i wasn't but to be honest i dont want to get into a debate on it anyway its such a pathetic argument anyway. 

Me then? Because I'm in the same boat as Steve. I have no loyalty either way, I don't own either system yet.

When I do it will be the PS4 because it's the better spec machine, it's the cheaper machine and the Kinnect holds absolutely no interest for me. 

Well it's either you, me or P3te. And P3te's a game journalist isn't he so I'd be surprised if he was a fanboy.

Bizarre really. Does defending something make you a fanboy?

Had my first experience of Xbox One Party Chat last night - yeah its pretty much broken!!

Also had fun trying to play bothe Battlefield and Fifa which were having great difficulty in connecting to games. Fifa was fine 1v1 but kept crashing going into 2v2. I

I will try Killzone on PS4 later and see if its any better.

I've had about 9 Nintedno's, 3 PlayStations and recently bought my 2nd XBOX. You're right, I'm definitely a Microsoft fanboy. Fantastic detective work. :D

My decision was mostly made up when a PS3 update meant I couldn't use my console and the steps they gave me wouldn't work, then they had the nerve to tell me I had to pay for a new one. Yeah, I think they can **** off.

Like someone else on here, I am a Nintendo fanboy and won't shy away from that fact. My decision on the XBOX is based on my friends decision to get it + previous experience with Sony/MS + exclusive titles.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

I cannot wait to see how things progress with this generation, I was playing Forza earlier and unless they'll sell me an actual Ferrari 512 for £50 I can't see how it they can make it look any better.

Edited by samjp26

I think we reached the point of diminishing returns on the PS3/360 generation of consoles with regards to how good car models can look. The biggest limiting factor on them now is the time time it takes to actually do the artwork for one rather than the machine's ability to render it so going forwards it will be other things like number of cars on track and how complex the backgrounds are. 

It will always get better. I remember thinking the same about gran turismo 4 but then pgr came out, I thought the same again then pgr3 happened, then pgr4, forza 4, forza 5 etc... 

I've had about 9 Nintedno's, 3 PlayStations and recently bought my 2nd XBOX. You're right, I'm definitely a Microsoft fanboy. Fantastic detective work. :D

Alright, let's do this:

Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, DS, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii

How's my detective skills now

Edited by hogso

Alright, let's do this:

Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, DS, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii

How's my detective skills now

That's a good effort! :D

3DS in place of NES.

The Wii U won't be a flop when the history books tell their story. It's actually perfectly placed for a very strong 2014 as it becomes everyone's second console of choice. That's a spot Nintendo are happy with, because it means they've potentially got more people to aim at. For games, it's been the best console by a mile this year, beating a very good PS3 showing

Â