How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

To Aston Villa, Gabby is priceless. I honestly wouldn't swap him with Messi. My favourite Villa player since Merson and I cannot praise him highly enough.

OBE hit the nail on the head. He used to just have raw pace and a decent finish but every season he has added somnething else to his game through hard work on the training ground.

If he could improve his consistancy and further improve his touch and vision, the sky is the limit for him. And he's Villa, just like all of us.

To Aston Villa, Gabby is priceless. I honestly wouldn't swap him with Messi. My favourite Villa player since Merson and I cannot praise him highly enough.

OBE hit the nail on the head. He used to just have raw pace and a decent finish but every season he has added somnething else to his game through hard work on the training ground.

If he could improve his consistancy and further improve his touch and vision, the sky is the limit for him. And he's Villa, just like all of us.

This all day long. Absolute hero.

I like Gabby, but i would carry him to Barcelona in exchange for Messi.

I like Gabby, but i would carry him to Barcelona in exchange for Messi.

Messi is perhaps one of the greatest to ever play the game, undoubtedly. But Gabby is not only transforming into an invaluable player for us, but he is also completely loyal to our Claret & Blue cause. This, of course, stems from the fact he is one of us.

Play him in his correct position (unlike Mr Houllier did last season) and I think Gabby will stay here for life. That is pretty rare in today's game, as Villa fans know more than most. Loyalty and passion is priceless in my opinion. So that's why I wouldn't swap him with any other player, even if they are (far) better.

I think we'd get about 15 million for him, hasn't been recognised by England at all, if he gets some games he could possibly command 18 million. No more than that for me.

So Andy Carroll goes for £35m and you think Gabby isn't worth half his price?!

**** clueless!!

You think Carroll is worth £35 million do you?

Never in a month of Sundays but the point I was making is that Gabby is worth far more than £15m

I'd like to see that clown KiwiVillan's take on Gabby's displays this season.

Ennit. Wonder where all those haters have disappeared to

A lot of the people bad mouthing gabby last year were the ones claiming houllier was brilliant.

They've been proved completely right in both cases so fair play to them.

I'd like to see that clown KiwiVillan's take on Gabby's displays this season.

Ennit. Wonder where all those haters have disappeared to

A lot of the people bad mouthing gabby last year were the ones claiming houllier was brilliant.

They've been proved completely right in both cases so fair play to them.

Why do you have to bring Houllier into everything? :| I wanna talk about Gabby, not Houllier. He left 5 months ago FFS.

gabby was poor for large parts of last season, not sure whats wrong with saying that. he looked massive in terms of build, but he looked less agile, unfit and he kept getting niggling injuries. his overall game was seriously affected by this. this summer he has stopped the weight training (pretty sure houllier told him he should do this), and he looks better than ever. hes got that extra agility back, that initial quick burst of pace and he generally looks more in control of the ball when hes running with it. and all that without seriously reducing his strength and power. he seems to have found the right balance.

hes now taking on players and getting round them with quick changes of direction and speed whilst keeping the ball, hes not just hitting the ball 20 yards past them and trying to chase it. this means he has become much more dangerous around the box as hes less predictable. coupled with a big improvement with his crossing and you can see why hes getting in behind the defense and setting up bent for goals. hes 2nd in the league for assists isnt he? great to see. im liking the potential of this gabby/bent partnership

I see the customary 1 in every 5 games masturbation fest is well under way for our Gabby. Wouldn't swap him for Messi :crylaugh: heard it all now.
If you can explain how 5 goals and 6 assists in 11 games adds up to "1 in every 5 games", people might start t0 take your outpourings seriously. :evil:

He is having a much better season.

His pace has returned along with his mojo.

My question is .... when are we to stop relying on about 3 players to get us wins?

When are we to have the best part of the team playing well? and have a good team performance.

Oh dear, VamosMiAstonVilla's feeble attempt to belittle my post seems to have backfired? If you'd like to constructively tell me why my assertion is ridiculous after I've explained my reasoning then be my guest.

No "wankfest" here as you so maturely put it; I've always been a massive fan of Gabby and with good reason.

Â