How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

I always worry now though when one of our players starts playing well, getting noticed and then the England call up happens......we all know what happens next!

We all hope gabby is different but we will never be 100% sure unless it is tested. Something that actually may happen if he keeps up this form for the rest of the season

Gabby is priceless to Aston Villa, also he's one of us.

Hopefully he will see out his career with us, become our highest scorer and most appearances.

I also think we will one day have a statue erected of him in the car park area behind the Holte and we will rename the Trinity Road Stand the Gabriel Imuetinyan Agbonlahor Stand.

Seconded!!

The best local lad (& fan) come good in a while.

in a while, is true

I think Gabby is playing really well and for some one who didn't always fancy him ( football wise of course) I'm pleased to be able to level well deserved praise in his direction.

I think he is adding a bit more to his game than just pace.... as important as that is too.

but for someone than hadn't got pace I suspect you never saw Gary Shaw

....A technician....and a Kingshurst Lad

Ps young European footballer of the year I recall

pps I take my hat off to Gabby thou he's playing great.

Oh I saw young Sir Gary and he is still one of my favorite players at VP after God himself. I was only a lad but I can remember going regular with my season ticket holding Dad. Gary never had the recognition he deserved outside of VP but he was such an exciting player to watch and perfect foil for Withe.

Gabby can perhaps reach those heights? However he will never be as loved or highly regarded outside VP and will always be seen as a thick Brummie lad who's fast as ****!!!

I always worry now though when one of our players starts playing well, getting noticed and then the England call up happens......we all know what happens next!

We all hope gabby is different but we will never be 100% sure unless it is tested. Something that actually may happen if he keeps up this form for the rest of the season

I think that combo of having players called up to play regularly for England and then wanting to leave has to stop somewhere, hopefully with Gabby.

I think that combo of having players called up to play regularly for England and then wanting to leave has to stop somewhere, hopefully with Gabby.

I know what your saying but i will be very smug if Gabby starts and Young / Downing / Milner dont.

Think Gabby playing with Bent has improved his game, he has never really been around such a prolific goal scorer. Reckon he must gain confidence from watching Bent in training and realising that he has everthing Bent has and possible a bit more.

Apparently he'll start against Spain :

Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor is in line to start up front for England alongside club team-mate Darren Bent when Fabio Capello's side take on Spain on Saturday.

Agbonlahor, 25, has been in fine form for Villa this season - scoring five goals and contributing four assists - and could be rewarded with a starting berth at Wembley.

With Wayne Rooney and Bent the only strikers currently pencilled in for a place on the plane to next summer's European Championship in Ukraine and Poland, the friendly against the world champions could provide Agbonlahor with a fantastic opportunity to stake a claim to a spot in Capello's squad.

With Capello likely to select one of Andrew Carroll, Bobby Zamora or Peter Crouch, Agbonlahor faces a battle against the likes of Jermain Defoe, Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck for a place at Euro 2012.

An England insider told ESPNsoccernet: "Fabio has the opportunity to try out young players who need experience at the highest level, and the manager also has the chance to experiment with shapes of this team formation.

"There is no doubt that Fabio likes Agbonlahor. He is a 'strange' player for Fabio, in the sense that he likes his qualities, he is fast and dangerous, bit perhaps in the past he cannot be 'trusted' to produce that danger on a consistent level, but he is currently on good form.

"I am sure that Fabio would like to see him and there is every chance he might even start with him against Spain because of his club link with Darren Bent."

Bent, has established himself as an England regular under Capello and he believes that his strike partner at Villa is ready to step up to the international plate.

"Gabby has been brilliant all season" Bent said. "He's got pace, power and he seems more confident this season - credit to him. He's gone away, he's worked hard and it's paying dividends this season. He's scoring goals and playing well.

"He's definitely up there with some of the other English strikers in the Premier League form-wise and what will help is that he can play in a number of positions. He can play behind a front man, too. Rooney is going to be out for the first three games, there's no reason why Gabby can't play in there.

"He's been in there for us. He drifts off to the left and crossed for my third from the right. When you have someone with that out-and-out pace, it's a really dangerous weapon to have. No-one on the planet can do much about his pace. He's got it in abundance. He can unlock doors others can't open and it's a fantastic weapon to have in the team.'

Agbonlahor has won three previous caps for England, impressing on his debut against Germany before appearing in a 2-0 friendly defeat to Spain in 2009 and a World Cup qualifying victory over Belarus.

http://tinyurl.com/dybayry

Reckon he must gain confidence from watching Bent in training and realising that he has everthing Bent has and possible a bit more.
I dunno about that. I'd say Bent and Gabby are probably both as good as each other as forwards but in different areas. I'd back Bent to score chances in the box over Gabby but at the same time I'd rather Gabby running down the wing creating chances than Bent.

Bit weird the way he pulls out every time for England. Probably coincidental, but it's some coincidence given that he's rarely out injured for us. That must make it about 5 times in a row that he's now pulled out through injury. I fully expect Capello to give up on him after this, unfortunately.

Â