The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I have been out all day only just got in to see this news and I am delighted. I am not sure how I managed to miss a single word on it since leaving but hey what can I do. I really hope that whoever replaces him is good and plays compelling attractive football. I also hope that Lerner does not delay in getting them in, ideally I want them in by next Monday at the latest so they can start compiling a shopping list based around an ethos and discipline they want us to play.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think one of McLeish's main errors was not shipping out the bad apples last summer

Much easier said than done of course

I think perhaps that's one thing you can't blame so much on McLeish because he wouldn't have a clue who the bad apples were till he got to seeing matters for himself.

However Lerner & Faulkner would have known exactly who they were/are!

What's the saying...one rotten apple spoils the barrel...? well from what I've heard there are certainly more than one rotten apple in this barrel that's for sure!

:!:

What's more those rotten apples have been more than happy to hide behind the fan's hatred for McLeish this season.

I for one will not be fooled. As I said earlier when are THEY leaving??!!

Any players commenting on twitter about him going??? (sorry mods know there was a twitter thread but couldnt find it)....Know it's unlikely that any will be slagging him off, but would be interesting to see what the players actually think.

I 'celebrated' by being tru to my word and renewing my ST at 1620 this afternoon. Gonna cost me as I had already spent the money I would normally have put aside... Still, after my boycott following the Swansea no show, I feel like I have my positivity for life back and certainly have my Villa back...

Let's look forward to some prospect of a bright (brighter) future.

Does that mean we're still in for Karl Henry and Leon Best, or is that all shit in the water now?

Does that mean we're still in for Karl Henry and Leon Best, or is that all shit in the water now?

Every bit of speculation we heard during the McLeish era is now dead, the new manager will have his own targets and unless he was also targeting them they are no longer on Villa's radar.

Given said he was sad to see him go but says fans got their wish and need to respect it. That is all I think. More Tweets when GH left from players.

Maybe many of the players know it's not ALL down to McLeish, they take some of the responsibility.

I wonder how fans would feel about players donning the claret & blue shirt when they are sniggering about being hung over to their team mates & bragging about the night before an important game. What kind of influence on youngsters say I? Allegedly of course!

And people wonder why Gordon Cowans refused to work with the seniors!

Right, now let's turn our attention to Alan Hutton.

Sell Alan Hutton my Lord, sell Alan Hutton!...

Not to worry... we'll get a reasonable price once McLeish resurfaces in the Championship.

Given said he was sad to see him go but says fans got their wish and need to respect it. That is all I think. More Tweets when GH left from players.

Maybe many of the players know it's not ALL down to McLeish, they take some of the responsibility.

I wonder how fans would feel about players donning the claret & blue shirt when they are sniggering about being hung over to their team mates & bragging about the night before an important game. What kind of influence on youngsters say I? Allegedly of course!

If what you are suggesting were true then surely that kind of behaviour should be stamped out by the manager. A good manager would not stand for that on his watch and would stamp it out immediately. In fact under a good manager who players respect they would simply not behave as you suggest.

The only person to blame for McLeish's failings this season is Alex McLeish. In terms of preparing the players and sending them out with a positive professional attitude then the buck has to stop with the manager. Its what he gets paid a couple of mill a year for ffs. You can't statistically be one of the worst managers in the history of this great club and then hide behind the players.

If what you are suggesting were true then surely that kind of behaviour should be stamped out by the manager. A good manager would not stand for that on his watch and would stamp it out immediately. In fact under a good manager who players respect they would simply not behave as you suggest.

Oh right MON..........Kevin Mac.........Gerard Houllier............Gary McAllister..........Alex Mcleish...

NEXT!!!

I don't care WHO becomes manager of AVFC - until the boil is lanced the infection won't be cleared!!

Â