The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does completely rebuilding the defence include replacing the shite RB he signed?

I really don't understand why people think he will sort our defence when there has been little to suggest this will happen. People seem to believe Birmingham had a great defence, they didn't they just defended with 10 men at all times.

come on. tonight we were class. 70% of the ball, 15 shots on target and 2 stone cold penalties turned down. if AM can reproduce that form and sort the back 4 out in the summer then that' good enough for me. we played some VERY good football tonight. best off the ball movement, passing and vision i've seen us play with in ages.

Correct, some really good stuff. Clever football, patient passing. Dare I say Barca-esque in the style of play. Anybody not happy with that needs to have a word with themselves.

first half was bad.

however at half time mcleish addressed the situation by obvsiouly giving them a bollocking, and he then bought on bannan for clark.

we just need to sort out this poor first half business.

also id love to see a video of all our conceded goals this season..

too many silly mistakes.

come on. tonight we were class. 70% of the ball, 15 shots on target and 2 stone cold penalties turned down. if AM can reproduce that form and sort the back 4 out in the summer then that' good enough for me. we played some VERY good football tonight. best off the ball movement, passing and vision i've seen us play with in ages.

Correct, some really good stuff. Clever football, patient passing. Dare I say Barca-esque in the style of play. Anybody not happy with that needs to have a word with themselves.

He were good but hardly 'Barca-esque' - thats more than a little OTT.

The stats are highly favourable (although I've seen us getting between 70 and 59% possession) but Barca have the ability to pull defences apart whilst by and large we tried to get in behind them.

I agree we played well in the second half and should have won. I just think comparing us to one of the best ever club sides is ott.

The real decider for me here is how he addresses LB. Warnock's head is not there and it is clear as day. I think we might see Lichaj get his shot there on Sunday.

I hope so or even Stevens.. anyone but Warnock.

At this point it is worth the risk, nothing to lose, only to gain really.

Even in the first half we had 58% possession 8 shots (6 on target) and a goal. Hardly shit like some are making out. All of a sudden QPR are shit, but before the game Hughes and his side were being tipped on this site to win and comfortably at that because of their new (superior) manager and players (who are now the excuse as to why QPR were shit). Yet it was Hughes who was sitting back on a fluky 2-0 lead for over an hour and got completely destroyed by his counterpart in the process.

Unfortunately several people around me clearly didn't like the tippy tappy passing out of defence and were urging the more direct fare that they have become accustomed to over the past years :shock:

Good old low expectations. Over the moon for another draw and lots of possession against a newly promoted team.

2nd half was good, to fight back was good, keane has been a good signing and Ireland is playing well.

But it's not enough, still nothing to show Mcleish will build anything but midtable obscurity at this club.

what the hell are you two on? If you think that was so great, never go and watch one of the top champions league matches, you'll probably have a heart attack!

Yes we had more possession, should have scored more, could have had a couple of pens but bloody hell. We could hardly pass to each other in the first half and I have seen more movement off a stuffed tortoise. We were playing QPR not Man City or United!

Credit where credits due, AM managed to get them playing and not panic and turn a loss caused by our idiot left back into a decent home draw which we were unlucky not to win after seeing the penalty shouts.

Keep this up and sort out the full backs and I may even give the guy a chance? :o

Not long back. Can't believe a few pr*cks booed. You'd have to be small minded to base your sole judgement of the game on the result tonight. We deserved to win comfortably. It wouldn't have flattered us had we won 6-2. Best I've seen us play in ages in the 2nd half. In fact for the last hour of the game we were excellent. More of the same please.

He's got a front 5 that has probably cost more than most teams outside of the top 6 have spent on their squad and the best we can do against a newly promoted side with three brand new players is draw. This after we were given a lesson by another newly promoted team in the last home game.

If you are happy with this then so be it BUT I think it is crap.

With our resources and having had a pre-season and 6 months in the role there are a number of other managers who would have us performing better. BUT even if they weren't at this stage, I would still have some hope whereas I don't have any hope with the Muppets that are McLeish and Grant.

The sooner they are gone the sooner I will be able to hope that we might have a bright future.

Â