The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Doug Ellis would have never appointed McLeish.

Didnt Doug appoint DOL, Taylor mk2, Venglos, McNeill.

You forgot to mention the one and only Graham Turner from Shrewsbury Town - boy was he shit! One day managing Shrewsbury the next the mighty Villa - that was his McLeish if you want to compare (or praise that old git). Struggling to beat lower league clubs in cups - losing to "lesser" teams.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Ellis would have never appointed McLeish.

Didnt Doug appoint DOL, Taylor mk2, Venglos, McNeill.

You forgot to mention the one and only Graham Turner from Shrewsbury Town - boy was he shit! One day managing Shrewsbury the next the mighty Villa - that was his McLeish if you want to compare (or praise that old git). Struggling to beat lower league clubs in cups - losing to "lesser" teams.

John Gregory managed Wycombe before coming here.

Paul Lambert resigned from his first job at Livingston after a horrible time there.

Just because someone managed a lower league team doesn't mean they won't be any good.

But yes Turner was f@cking shit. :lol:

Nah mate - didn't mean it that way about lower league managers - just trying to point out that we had several McLeishes in our previous illustrious chairman's tenure - this one has only done 1 - Houllier I don't count - cos he was less than a season.

I don't know if this has been said, sort of avoiding the forum atm but...

Apart from Stoke we have:-

The least amount of shots.

The least amount of shots on target.

The worst shot accuracy.

The least amount of possession.

The least amount of successful passes.

:( Scored more goals then quite a few teams though to be fair. Although you'd expect that having Gabby and Bent up there.

At least Doug Ellis would have sacked a manager when it clearly wasn't working.

There cant be many instances of a manager getting sacked after 13 games and 3 defeats.

Chelsea have lost same amount of league games this season and dont see their fans screaming for AVB head

Difference being they actually won some games too.

I dont see how you can compare us to Chelsea who actually try to dominate and play games. There squad is aging too, but they are attempting to do something we dont, win.

I also think that the Chelsea fans can see that AVB has potential to go onto greater things than he is currently doing, especially after his great spell at Porto, and with a rebuild of the squad required. With McLeish we're getting what we feared, our nightmares are playing out in front of our own eyes.

The worst shot accuracy.

:( Scored more goals then quite a few teams though to be fair. Although you'd expect that having Gabby and Bent up there.

Its amazing to think that there are people out there who have faith in McCluesless still.

I hate this manager and what he is doing to our club, he is a shite, boring bland bluenose word removed.

I'm lucky that as I live in Oz I don't have to listen to the crap like those of you who live in Brum, thank god for small mercies!

Almost every game is on live and previously I stayed up all hours of the night watching but I don't any more, I just record the games and rely on the match reports on here before deciding whether to watch or not obviously I not seen many games this season.

None of this is normal, I bleed C&B, season ticket holder from the 70's up until leaving the UK in 03 and tbh Villa is one of the few things I still miss but this clueless c has caused me to re think. I can accept defeats but not rolling over due to piss poor tactics, so sad.

Its amazing to think that there are people out there who have faith in McCluesless still.

:?

It might not be 'faith' people have in McLeish but 'hope' that he does well whilst he's Villa manager and it's not in their power to change it.

Its bad enough seeing his ginger gish staring at me everytime I go on the OS, but reading this dross makes me despair:

Alex McLeish has called on his players to show "controlled aggression" over the festive period (from a manager who didnt realise we needed a DCM!)

Aston Villa chief (should be chef I think) Alex McLeish says his teams performance at Swansea has seen them regain respect after their no show at Tottenham. (really?)

Jermain Jenas and Barry Bannan have give Alex McLeish food for thought (playing midfielders in midfield possibly, a novel suggestion).

The sooner this guy goes the better..

Its bad enough seeing his ginger gish staring at me everytime I go on the OS, but reading this dross makes me despair:

Alex McLeish has called on his players to show "controlled aggression" over the festive period (from a manager who didnt realise we needed a DCM!)

Aston Villa chief (should be chef I think) Alex McLeish says his teams performance at Swansea has seen them regain respect after their no show at Tottenham. (really?)

Jermain Jenas and Barry Bannan have give Alex McLeish food for thought (playing midfielders in midfield possibly, a novel suggestion).

Are you not getting bored yet?

The worst shot accuracy.

Horrific.

I said I'd struggle to support a club with someone like Allardyce in charge, well I'm not seeing a huge difference. Please change manager.

I preferred last year and we weren't very good then but at least we showed signs of a future.

As Brommy said, there is a difference between faith and hope.

I'm optimistic, I'm hopeful he will come good. Not because I'm a bluenose or in a 'head in the sand' brigade or any other bollocks some people spout, but because I want Villa to do well, I don't want us to go through another change of manager and I don't see the point of crying about something that we can't change.

Lerner isn't going to replace McLeish anytime soon, so I'll stick behind McLeish.

Yes, as are the other 4-5,000 Villa Park stay aways.

Bored, with dull, uninspired, dour football from a dull, uninspiring, dour manager. You might have heard that a few times before and I cannot for the life of me understand why you are still making a case for this guy.

There is nothing good in what he does.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you are still making a case for this guy.

Perhaps to support the team...

unlike..........

I wouldn't stay away because of McLeish but I don't want him here. During 90 minutes though, I just want the best for AVFC and I've always maintained that having good support IMO will pick up points over the season over negative support.

I don't find it that difficult to support the team without actually supporting the choice of manager.

I don't find it that difficult to support the team without actually supporting the choice of manager.

It depends. If someone hated McLeish but was no different in the way they supported the team (ie. chanting/ not shouting abuse or moaning constantly), then it has no effect, as you say.

But if people are constantly shouting abuse, or are starting chants of 'We want Delfouneso on!', then it'll have a negative effect on the team, I believe.

Like Blackburn. They dislike Kean, but the players are definatly being effected.

should certainly start comming up with some football on the pitch now. Cannot continue forever with this non-style, and wasting the talent at his disposal in the interest of not loosing. Surely even he must realise that you cannot win a match without scoring a goal.

Bored, with dull, uninspired, dour football from a dull, uninspiring, dour manager. You might have heard that a few times before and I cannot for the life of me understand why you are still making a case for this guy.

There is nothing good in what he does.

But its sure as hell not as bad as you make it out to be...

Â