The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a very interesting assessment by AM of the game against City. At least he seems to understand where we went wrong and how to go about fixing it. Last year GH was all "Ah well, we'll wait until the summer. Not my fault *shrug*".

The lack of forward movement chance creation is pretty much as important, its that I think that McCleish is oblivious to.

I think Mcleish had the believe we could beat Man City, though I think the team thought other wise. I was there and they lost the spirit for me, this is a big thing McLiesh tries to bring to the the team. It seems McLeish is doing a respectable job, but sometimes the team just dont listen, you can tell by the way McLeish shouts from the by line. Seems a bit of negativity and belief from the players themselves sometimes. It is a rere occasion you see the fight and graft from our team, like you would from a Stoke or Tottenham side. Sorry guys but this is how im seeing things.

I think Mcleish had the believe we could beat Man City, though I think the team thought other wise. I was there and they lost the spirit for me, this is a big thing McLiesh tries to bring to the the team. It seems McLeish is doing a respectable job, but sometimes the team just dont listen, you can tell by the way McLeish shouts from the by line. Seems a bit of negativity and belief from the players themselves sometimes. It is a rere occasion you see the fight and graft from our team, like you would from a Stoke or Tottenham side. Sorry guys but this is how im seeing things.
Must say I think there is something in this.

While I think he makes a good point, how come when we lost last season it was always the manager at fault?

I think this is a very interesting assessment by AM of the game against City. At least he seems to understand where we went wrong and how to go about fixing it. Last year GH was all "Ah well, we'll wait until the summer. Not my fault *shrug*".

I would disagree. If he understood what wrong then the interview would have gone something like: "I am an idiot for playing Heskey as a right winger and for not signing a strong athletic defensive central midfielder in the summer instead of wasting the limited cash and wage capacity I had on Hutton and Jenas, the latter of whom will probably never string more than two games together again. If we had a decent DCM and a wide player playing wide right on Saturday then we could have got after a Citeh team that looked like they didn't know each other for the first twenty minutes of the game. As it was we didn't and they were able to find their stride and tear us apart through that big gaping hole in CM. I know the goals came from defensive errors but we were under so much pressure because our CM is dysfunctional that these errors were bound to come eventually."

not signing a strong athletic defensive central midfielder in the summer instead of wasting the limited cash and wage capacity I had on Hutton and Jenas

Hey lets nto let reason get in the way of a good rant shall we?!

Whilst I'm no McLeish fan I feel thats being overly critical, for a start on paper Luke Young and Huttin look similar, in fact many were appluading the deal as a good bit of business with Hutton costing us less each week and being younger than Young.

As for the defensove midfielder comment I assume you can back that comment up with detailed accounts of all the negotiation we entered into with clubs and agents for players? Everyone can see what our midlfied is lacking, and if you and I can I'm certain professional manager can regardless of what we all think of him. But there is big difference between identifying a gap and being able to fill it, especially in light of the way we appeared to be conducting our business over the summer.

Could've sworn we had a defensive midfielder with a hyphenated name still on our books at the end of last season that we let go on a free.

He was hardly brilliant but as a defensive midfielder he is better than what we have now.

Losing to either Manchester team this season is not something to worry about.

Both are still unbeaten and will probably remain that way for a good chunk of the season, learn a few lessons and move on to the next game which is baggies at home, these are our winnable games, not man city away. No point getting at Mcleish for these kinds of losses.

Losing to either Manchester team this season is not something to worry about.

Both are still unbeaten and will probably remain that way for a good chunk of the season, learn a few lessons and move on to the next game which is baggies at home, these are our winnable games, not man city away. No point getting at Mcleish for these kinds of losses.

:thumb:

Seems a bit of negativity and belief from the players themselves sometimes. It is a rere occasion you see the fight and graft from our team, like you would from a Stoke or Tottenham side. Sorry guys but this is how im seeing things.
While I think he makes a good point, how come when we lost last season it was always the manager at fault?

I see this too!MON instilled a beleif and confidence that radiated out of our squad,unfortunately alot of the players seem to think that their abilty to acheive left the club with him!

Football is a confidence game and last season i don't think i can remeber seeing a side with so much talent have so little confidence in their own ability.

Alex looks like he is a strong character who will eventually undo all the negativity that the last two years expierences have sown into our squad.

As for the question will we compete at the same level again? I find that hard to beleive as the main players in MON squad are now winning games for the top four teams and not us!

Players let their heads drop easily because as soon as they get to the final third no-one knows what to do with the ball, we have completely forgotten how to attackl

The matchtime thoughts of Fabian Delph:

'Wowee i've got the ball, and wait no i've lost it'

'Hang on i've won the ball back great now lets just get in their half without giving it away within 3 seconds, blimey i've done that now what erm - pass to Gabby..... nope he's being marked heavily, where's Hutton? HUTTTTON? Nope he's not making a fwd run and oh i've lost it.'

'Got the ball, right this time i'm gonna yes i'm gonna pass it to Petrov and...... oh he's passed it back to me and i've, oh i've lost it.'

'Right great pass from Warnock to me and gonna make this one count ok so HOOOF, oh gone out of play again damn'

'Hmmm may aswell just put in a bad tackle'

'Got the ball GOT THE BALL, Bent is waving at me, no wait he's waving at his model girlfriend in the crowd - right lets pass to Ireland, done ..... right where's he going he's crowded out, no-ones made any runs for him and he's lost it and we are getting carved open again'

'Miscontrolled again doh'

'Over run it'

I'm not sure about AMC long-term, but in the short-term he's done better than i expected.

Played 21% of the season, lowest position of 8th so far this season, having played Man City & Everton away.

Disappointed with the cup match and the 'boringness' of the football, but that might improve once the team settles down under AMC.

I'm not sure about AMC long-term, but in the short-term he's done better than i expected.

Played 21% of the season, lowest position of 8th so far this season, having played Man City & Everton away.

Disappointed with the cup match and the 'boringness' of the football, but that might improve once the team settles down under AMC.

/thread

The main problem is AM inherited an average team which then lost it's two most effective players. We have now gone from being an average team to one which has fallen into the third tier of the Premiership. Couple that with a manager who is well known for his teams playing dour football and who is tactilly inept, then what you see now is what we have to put up with for the forseeable future unless a new owner comes in with a new manager.

In AM's defence though does anyone think that having Fergie, or 'the special one' in charge of our current squad would make the present situation any different?

Â