GTA 5

Genie

still don't get how downtown LA and GG bridge could appear in the same screenshot though, especially as the I5 is seemingly part of the game?

...because its a fictional city

still don't get how downtown LA and GG bridge could appear in the same screenshot though, especially as the I5 is seemingly part of the game?

...because its a fictional city

:lol:

• 1 month later...

I'm so excited for this game already, and so happy they've brought planes back. Also want an enormous passenger jet just because.

Oh and even though it's just the name of a car I'm glad they've brought the 'Cheetah' back, it was awesome on VC and SA.

Edit: Chindie beat me by literally a minute in posting those :lol:

I was going to say, I cannot see how the 360 or the PS3 could cope with such lush looking graphics.

The PS3 can do it on a small scale with your Uncharteds, but something so epically large as this game is going to be a stretch.

Next Gens for me.

Pretty certain they'll be current gen. Why would they be making a game for console's that have neither a release date or any actual confirmation about them?

Have a look at Red Dead, graphically that game is on another level to most things, even GTA 4 is graphically superb and that's 4 years old. It'll be spread over 2 discs, at the very least. But I can't see it being a nex gen release. It's going to be Rockstars big summer release next year I think. I imagine it will be the last big game of this generation though.

It'll be current gen. Rockstar will have cracked how to fettle as much as they can out of the consoles, far more than they did back with GTA4. It's going to really, really push the consoles though, and I'd be willing to bet you'll see the strain, probably particularly on the PS3, which really doesn't like a lot of open world titles (to the point something like Skyrim is basically bust on the platform).

They may be able to be a bit canny by doing a game environment that isn't all city, as we expect. The moment you start putting open spaces around the world, the strain gets reduced enormously, particularly if they're fairly empty - they more or less did this trick with RDR, the amount of 'empty' environment let them use the resources for other things, like making the whole thing a little prettier.

Whilst those screenshots are impressive, incidentally, they're miles off what can be achieved - check out the state that GTA4 has been modded to on the PC - it looks like a different game.

I'd be interested to know what platforem those images are from.

The bike one looks alright but the others aren't too impressive. The arse end of the car looks like, well, arse. It's very nice and shiny but the anti-aliasing is very poor, hopefully it's got some way to go. the shadows and textures look pretty nice, but those jagged lines...

Incidentally, I don't think they've announced just how much they're disregarding their fanbase on PC yet..

I like how the pilot of that aircraft is wearing a nice smart suit. I don't think I would ever like to operate an in-game aircraft in anything other than a suit, given the option. I also like how the cyclist is wearing appropriate attire for a bicycle ride along the beach.

It won't be on the next gen of consoles, but I'd wager those shots are taken off a dev copy.

The graphics aren't that impressive compared to what a decent PC can do at the moment, but they are decent for the consoles, especially when you consider this is a game pushing a lot of stuff about - models, environments, AI etc. It's going to have it's moments of running like a dog on both systems. There are better looking games out there on the consoles already, it's the rest of the load that the game will test the consoles with that makes the graphics interesting. I want to see some proper gameplay run on a console - I'd bet the framerate takes a spanking.

Really cannot wait for this game, I might actually book some time off work when it gets released to really give it a few days hard thrashing!!

Any whispers at all when it'll be out? Could it make the shelves for this Xmas?

Educated guess - April/May

A few (crazy) people think Rockstar are going to do a surprise release before Christmas, November perhaps, but thats never happening imo.

Rockstar seem to have developed a routine of releasing their flagship titles at around the same time now, April/May, and a good bet is on that continuing.

If the game was coming out before Xmas they would have already announced a date. The last four big games Rockstar were involved with (Max Payne 3, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption & GTA IV) came out in May 2012, May 2011, May 2010 and the last week in April 2009. There is a fairly obvious pattern there.

If the game was coming out before Xmas they would have already announced a date. The last four big games Rockstar were involved with (Max Payne 3, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption & GTA IV) came out in May 2012, May 2011, May 2010 and the last week in April 2009. There is a fairly obvious pattern there.
Although GTA IV did come out in 2008, not 2009, but yeah. San Andreas was a summer release date too.

Although GTA IV did come out in 2008, not 2009, but yeah. San Andreas was a summer release date too.

Ermmm that came out October 2004 :winkold:

Â