Strange/Funny Names

hogso

In my job I encounter some really odd names. In fact, rather sadly, it's one of the highlights of my job :lol: Oh how we titter at some of the things people have changed their name to, or worse, were given when born.

I just got thinking about some of the best ones I've heard as I'm working on a case at the moment for a Francis Jeffers - who does indeed live in Liverpool. Don't think it's that Franny Jeffers though.

Saw one of the best names EVER a couple of weeks ago. A guy changed his name to;

Dr Jo Jo Magic Space Monkey

Genius. It's up there with some of my other favourites I have encountered, such as Bacardi Ann Coke, Hurricane Serenity Star, Monkey Skunky, and Lola Molly Poppy Seed

Anyone know anyone who has a weird or wonderful name? Share one with a celeb?

I work in a bank with Rob182, I'm sure he has a few.

One that springs to mind for me was a 'Mrs P Enis'. I've never seen any names as weird as your examples though, where do you work??

And you're right, best part of my job too

Morgan Blood

Dougie Diggle

And two women in my mum's village in Norfolk, a mother and daughter, although I can't remember which way round they were:

Magnolia Myrkle

Marigold Myrkle.

I work in a bank with Rob182, I'm sure he has a few.

One that springs to mind for me was a 'Mrs P Enis'. I've never seen any names as weird as your examples though, where do you work??

And you're right, best part of my job too

Ha, yeh my cousin works in a bank and we text the best names we find to each other :lol: I'm a civil servant, you know how you hear about people commiting benefit fraud, or getting paid too much benefit? We get the money back off the robbing bastards :angry: oops uh sorry, I mean off the uh unfortunate folk.

Since starting this thread I have encountered a Chris Evans and Millicent Forbis, who is quite possibly has the most shady sounding, harry potter-esque villian name ever

Oh Oh 2 others of my favourites, Gordan Bennett and Angel Delight :crylaugh:

My mate has a job where he sits creating customer accounts all day, for the company he works for, and will often email me the ones with the most bizarre names he comes across. I think the funniest one was, Mr Ramjam D Funkyboogaloo-Smythe. Which I am told is 100% genuine, although I'd imagine changed by Deed Poll.

Drew Peacock...also know of a family, last name Pipe, who called their first son Dwain.

About 6 years ago, when i was in sixth Form, our school made the national press as the school was employing an active BNP menber even though it was a catholic school. Three of my mates gave an interview to the Guardian and had their photo taken to accompany the article. when the reporters asked there names one told them his own, the next gave a lad who was the school idiot and the final one gave Drew Peacock as his. Surely enough the next morning all three names were printed underneath the photo in a full page article!! even the teachers loved it

My school was one of those which had boards all over the place with names of school captains, rugby captains, etc on them.

Clearly in the '30's the big man in the school was Peter Enis. School captain, rugby captain, athletics captain, head prefect, for several years - P.Enis

There used to be a Dr. W. Anker in south Leeds.

My mate went to school with a (West Indian) brother and sister called Castle - the boy was Windsor, the girl was Cinderella. He also had a job at Selly Oak hospital and swears blind he once dealt with a patient called Orson Carte.

My younger daughter had a classmate called Max Whisker.

And right here at Bradford University we used to have a Professor W. C. McSporran.

Â