Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Ahh but is he defo one of us haha?! So we are told anyway!

Craig Gardener told me Gary was a Villa fanatic and has been all his life, loves the Villa.

Never heard of Craig Gardener. Oh and who is this lad Ciaran Clarke people keep mentioning? Grrrrr.

When Gary was on Soccer AM he was hardly desperate to pledge his allegiance to us when Inter et al. were mentioned - I imagine any 'diehard' fan would take the opportunity to say 'Villa for life' or something along those lines, I imagine Albrighton would and think Gabby already has.

Nevertheless, so long as he fulfills his potential it will be of benefit to us/Randy, whether that's on the pitch or the club bank balance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any videos of GG playing? Haven't seen much of him

Try googling the Chelsea Villa Game in Hong Kong, where he came on in the second half, and was very impressive. Did not look out of place at all.

Though he was the complete opposite when he came on Derby. But thats what you get with kids, up and downs.

If Arsenal can throw Wilshere in last season then hopefully Gary will be capable of carrying it off.

Here's the thing, we undoubtedly have some talented youngsters, but in reality some of them aren't that young anymore not to be starting regularly if they were truly top notch.

Gardner is the same age as Jack Rodwell and Jack Wilshere. Delf and Weimann are both 20, Bannan and Albrighton 21. Lichay and Herd both 22.

I really hope that these kids make it, but I also hope we're not expecting too much from them. If you look at them compared to where Rooney, Gerard, Fabregas and Owen were at their respected ages then there's no comparison. Ironically Gary Cahill was 22 when he left us and we could all see he was going to make it bar MON.

Helleven Anderson is only 23! A lot of people have said that bringing the likes of Jenas and Hutton in with stop the development of Bannan, Gardner, Herd and Lichay, but these kids are old enough to be cementing their place in the first team now IF they are really going to make it, especially with the size our our squad.

Really hope this season shows a few of these guys step up and live up to the promise they've shown.

The difference between Gardner and Wilshere is one got a very bad injury and the other had an excellent loan spell at Bolton.

McEachran is another talented midfielder who needs regular football but isn't getting. If Gary isn't going to get on the bench it would be beneficial for him to go and join a club for even as little as a few months, it would do him the world of good.

The difference between Gardner and Wilshere is one got a very bad injury and the other had an excellent loan spell at Bolton.

McEachran is another talented midfielder who needs regular football but isn't getting. If Gary isn't going to get on the bench it would be beneficial for him to go and join a club for even as little as a few months, it would do him the world of good.

From what I've heard I'm sure GG has a great future ahead of him and, once fit again, needs to get games under his belt. Somewhere like a Swansea or Norwich on loan would be ideal.

Can players be loaned outside of the transfer window btw?

My point was about some of the others that aren't really that young anymore (Lichay and Herd). At 22 they need to be stepping up now if they can but that's probably for another thread.

Hope Gary gets a shout for U21 friendly game next Monday.

He's had a slight knock so couldn't play in Carling Cup game V Hereford but scored for reserves to draw 1-1 with Wigan, so he's back fit.

When I've seen him play for reserves he's always looked a top class midfield prospect.

Just also a mention Andreas Weimann tweeted that he played 90 mins for Austria U21s last night & scored 2 goals with 1 assist.

He could do with playing some competitive football, at any level. He's probably not ready for us, but why not in the championship or league 1. If he's anything like his brother he'll have the right attitude to a loan move and it could be very good for him. With Jenas now signed he we've got enough cover in central mid to let him leave.

Â