Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well he cannot pass, cannot tackle, has no awareness or anticipation, has a crap touch,shows no willingness or bravery to do something. Doesn't seem to have the ability or mental strength.

Apart from that, decent player.

Tshibola must want to throw his toys out the pram!lol

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tshibola must want to throw his toys out the pram!lol

The fact Tshibola can't get in ahead of GG suggests to me that Tshibola needs to have a word with himself and start grafting in training. 

I can't be ability that is keeping GG in the side ahead of him, it must be attitude/application/fitness #delete as appropriate. 

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

This was his big season and apart from a 2/3 game spell right at the start of Bruce joining he's just been awful. Must be replaced in January. 

I'd argue it was last chance saloon. He is incredibly lucky to still be on our books. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

That today, was right up there with the worst midfield displays I've ever seen from a villa player. 

Can we please **** Gardner and Westwood off after January. 

This is the thing, we've relied on: not good enough, might be good enough and good enough on limited occasions, for far too long. We need to step it up and have players who contribute regularly.

• Like 1

I'd choose Westwood too, but then I would rather a different kind of midfielder. We've had too many players who like to 'sit in', and as we have Jedinak I would like a player who is more mobile and offers something in attack.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That today, was right up there with the worst midfield displays I've ever seen from a villa player. 

Can we please **** Gardner and Westwood off after January. 

This isn't aimed at you Jonah, more the point of the midfield. 

I just find it funny how the vast majority of us agree that this is probably the worst midfield that many of us have ever seen, yet many are still really critical of our performances under Bruce.

To be perfectly honest I'm just amazed he has picked up so many points with a midfield of Westwood and Gardner. 

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Yet another bang average, overrated player from our bang average, overrated academy.  

Overrated by who? Our academy hasn't produced anywhere near enough quality in almost a decade. Grealish, that's it. Nathan Baker is a good championship player. Last one before that was Albrighton. Nobody thinks our academy is up to scratch right now. 

Gardner though, ugh. Thought he was finding some form but he has reverted to being a below average clogger. Shame. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Overrated by who? 

Tons of Villa fans over the last 5 or 6 years. Nobody rates him now admittedly, but the clamour to give him game time when he was out on loan was mental. A very, very poor footballer.

As for the academy, I know plenty of Villa fans who still think we have a great academy. The truth is quite different of course.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Obviously he's lacking a little on the talent side, but the even bigger issue for me really is his weak mentality. Someone mentioned a lack of bravery to his play, and I think that's spot on. I could see him improving, he's got more potential than Westwood, but he really needs to step up to the plate, be more positive, more forward thinking, and ultimately just impose himself where it counts. 

Â