Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Gardner is a diamond. He hasn't just arrived, he's been gaining rave reviews at graduating age levels, and every time I've watched him live for both the youth and academy he's looked like the real. I don't expect him to be a Villa player in three years time, so enjoy watching him in the next couple of seasons. That's how highly I rate him!

Gardner is a diamond. He hasn't just arrived, he's been gaining rave reviews at graduating age levels, and every time I've watched him live for both the youth and academy he's looked like the real. I don't expect him to be a Villa player in three years time, so enjoy watching him in the next couple of seasons. That's how highly I rate him!

Exactly. There's a reason why Inter and Real Madird want him

Exactly. There's a reason why Inter and Real Madird want him

id have makoun sitting infront of the back four as he did with lyon and have gardner and ireland in the middle. If ireland does not pick up then put bannan in. Stan and delph can slice the half time oranges as far as im concerned

i thought it was jose who took the first look at him at inter and rafa carried on the scouting. I belive jose also had a look last season too. Speaking of rafa i think his assessment of a £60 million overhaul is was probaly about right

I'm pleased that most of us are in agreement about GG, give him a place in the 1st 11.

I can understand some say he's only had 15mins etc but you know what I felt the same when I first saw Brian Little, Gordon Cowans and David Platt some players just have "it".

Barring another serious injury I can't see what will stop this kid from going on to play for England whether or not he is still with us I don't know but as the OP wrote we have a gem, lets enjoy him for now.

Hopefully he'll play 90mins against Derby and that will be a better test of whether he's ready than 15mins yesterday.

If he's as good as we hope then we should also put another long-term contract in front of him... 10 years should do it!

he looked alright for the 15 mins he got yesterday but its a big ask to make him a regular starter

Yes, people are desperate and getting carried away as usual, overhyping the youth one game, writing them off as flops the next. Because we're not going to sign anyone else this summer, a youngster who looked quite promising for quarter of an hour is an instant inclusion in some people's Villa XI.

I'm hoping for big things from Gary Gardner, and I'm sure AM and the Villa staff will bring him on in a sensible way.

Gardner showed more yesterday than a lot of the so called established players. Let's give the lad some more first team action and see what he can do.

Let's be honest he can't be much worse than some of our midfielders.

He came on after 70 odd minutes of a game played in 90% humiditiy and 40 odd degree heat. Of course he looked better than those around him.

I swear some on here lurch from one extreme to another. If he is poor against Derby everyone will be telling us how shit he is!!

I do agree on the contract side though, if he is highly rated by the club, we should be securing him on a long term deal.

I was really impressed with GG yesterday. Far more energy and presence that any of the others. I'd like to see him much more and think he could save us a fortune in the transfer market. Petrov and Delph are decent players but they don't get close enough to their markers. Makoun is a touch player but also lacks physicality. If I can see it, I'm sure AM can too. Give GG a chance, but I still think we'll end up buying someone too.

Â