Oslo bombing and Utøya massacre

Tegis

What the hell was that about? Aside from pure insanity I can't begin to imagine what the motive for this was?

Deliberately killing kids as well, the bastard. RIP.

What the hell was that about? Aside from pure insanity I can't begin to imagine what the motive for this was?

It was an annual camp for young would be politicians. I don't know if it was run by a particular party or whether it was open to all.

Al-Qaeda possibly. I really am getting sick of islamic extremists

Are you disappointed its a white nutter rather than a brown one.

You're calling him a clearing in the woods and implying racism for suspecting that a terrorist attack in Europe might just be related to Al Qaeda?

Seems like a pretty fair assumption 99 out of 100 times.

Excuse my language, but **** hell! This is unbelievable. What a total and utter word removed! (and I know that's going to get filtered)

I simply cannot believe someone would do this... shooting 87 people?!? That is totally insane.

To all our Norwegian friends here on VT: Rocafella, norway, TB, etc... my heartfelt condolences, regrets, and sorrow.

It is difficult to comprehend how someone can do that.

It reminds me of the Port Arthur Massacre in Tasmania but it appears this guy was a Neo Nazi attacking the headquarters of the government as well as the government youth members.

I'm kind of relieved that it seems to be some sort of a right wing nut that is behind all this instead of Al Keada or some sort of muslim extremists. That makes it more of a isolated incident and the fear of terrorism so close to home a bit less scary.

Still it doesn't change the fact that this is a terrible and horrible act of violence and cruelty towards innocent people.

My thoughts go out to the families of the victims and all the people of Norway. :(

I think it's actually more scary that it's some random, lone nut job. The guy was dressed as a policeman, and asked the kids to gather around him as he stood on a rock. That's when he started blasting. Just mind boggling evil.

I can see how you can feel that way.

Unbelievable how just plain evil and disturbed some people on this earth can be.

Lunatic. An eye witness saw him chase someone out in the water who'd stared pleading at him before he shot her/him. How sick can one person be? He must've planned this for a long time. They were kids on a camp. His name is already out. Will probably be Norways 2nd most hated man in history.

BBC just interviewed a spokeswoman (I'm assuming of the Norwegian police) who said that they were still searching the Island and the surrounding waters and that there weren't any exact figures of how many were at this camp.

It wouldn't be a surprise if the number of dead were higher than 84.

Damned. This is sick. My thoughts go to the poor victims. I always thought DK would take the first Scandinavian bomb because of our wars, cartoons, NATO-boss etc.

I'm not so sure it is islamist extremists. The dressed-up policeman sounds more like right wing extremists to me. Gut feeling only though.

Looks like your gut feeling was spot on. It´s hard to say but I am a bit relieved if that is the case.

I can only imagine, what (the various Scandinavian versions of) FrP would have said otherwise.

I´m still truly in shock about this. Just too big, too sick and too close to home. 91+ dead, mostly kids. :(

Â