Oslo bombing and Utøya massacre

Tegis

Damned. This is sick. My thoughts go to the poor victims. I always thought DK would take the first Scandinavian bomb because of our wars, cartoons, NATO-boss etc.

Wasn't there a suicide bomb in Sweden last year?

Ups, I have missed that one. Did it do same kind of damage as this attack?

Damned. This is sick. My thoughts go to the poor victims. I always thought DK would take the first Scandinavian bomb because of our wars, cartoons, NATO-boss etc.

Wasn't there a suicide bomb in Sweden last year?

Ups, I have missed that one. Did it do same kind of damage as this attack?

Nowhere near the same. He only managed to blow his own guts open, so he ended his days sprawled pathetically on the street in the company of some very kind hearted person that held his hand until he passed. This is something completely different. This seems very professional in comparison.

Arrests made already ... seems quick

would make me wonder if they weren't already tracking the suspects ?

Some time after the bombing there was a man dressed up as a policeman who started shooting at civilians at Utøya, 30 min outside oslo or so?.

It was a youth summer camp held by AUF (Political Youth Party of Arbeiderpartiet(AP)). Our prime minister represents Arbeiderpartiet(AP) and Arbeiderpartiet is currently in government with two other political parties.

The "policeman" has been arrested, don't think there has been made any other arrests yet. But the police believes that the two incidents are related.

Horrific. Absolutely horrific. Reporters saying bodies are littering the beach on Utöya. Unconfirmed reports saying between 20 - 30 people killed by the shooter. Apparently he used an assortment of weapons. Assault rifle and shotgun mentioned.

It is claimed that the utoya killer came to the camp and asked that the youths came to him and then he started to shoot. People were running and hid behind trees and jumped into the water. People called their parents and told that a shooter was after them.

What the **** is wrong with humanity?! Norway has got to be the least likely place you'd expect something disgraceful like this to happen. They've done what...sent a couple of hundred troops to serve in Afghanistan and maybe 300-700 for some involvement in the UN peacekeeping in Bosnia back in 1999? Madness.

I consider it an act of public outrage towards such awful civic architecture.

Having spent most of the afternoon and the evening on the phone, making sure that friends and family back home in Oslo are ok after an explosion that destroyed windows in a 1000 m radius, I must say I fail to see the humour.

At another time, I certainly would agree to your criticism of the architecture, but there's a time and a place for everything.

As many as 30 may be killed or heavy injured at Utøya, as bodies are recovered around the island. The person taken into custody for the killings is a Norwegian citizen, also ethnically. Surprising, I must say. The dude has definitely made a good case for being Norway's most hated person. **** me.

I consider it an act of public outrage towards such awful civic architecture.

Having spent most of the afternoon and the evening on the phone, making sure that friends and family back home in Oslo are ok after an explosion that destroyed windows in a 1000 m radius, I must say I fail to see the humour.

At another time, I certainly would agree to your criticism of the architecture, but there's a time and a place for everything.

Agreed, not really that funny.

As many as 30 may be killed or heavy injured at Utøya, as bodies are recovered around the island. The person taken into custody for the killings is a Norwegian citizen, also ethnically. Surprising, I must say. The dude has definitely made a good case for being Norway's most hated person. **** me.

Not that surprising, I'd say. Remember the Oklahoma City bombings in '95. We Norwegians surely have our fair share of lunatics, too. Personally, I began to wonder when the reports about the Utøya shootings came in - a political youth gathering would hardly be a target for international terror groups.

The police link the guy they've apprehended with both the Utøya shootings and the Oslo bombing. Seven confirmed dead in Oslo, ten confirmed dead at Utøya, police say the death count will rise. Undetonated explosives found at Utøya.

I'm kind of relieved that it seems to be some sort of a right wing nut that is behind all this instead of Al Keada or some sort of muslim extremists. That makes it more of a isolated incident and the fear of terrorism so close to home a bit less scary.

Still it doesn't change the fact that this is a terrible and horrible act of violence and cruelty towards innocent people.

My thoughts go out to the families of the victims and all the people of Norway. :(

I'm kind of relieved that it seems to be some sort of a right wing nut that is behind all this instead of Al Keada or some sort of muslim extremists. That makes it more of a isolated incident and the fear of terrorism so close to home a bit less scary.

Still it doesn't change the fact that this is a terrible and horrible act of violence and cruelty towards innocent people.

My thoughts go out to the families of the victims and all the people of Norway. :(

I think it's actually more scary that it's some random, lone nut job. The guy was dressed as a policeman, and asked the kids to gather around him as he stood on a rock. That's when he started blasting. Just mind boggling evil.

Â