Oslo bombing and Utøya massacre

Tegis

A firestorm of anti Islamist xenophobia is sweeping around the western world. The media have been fanning the flames for years. The politicians started it all off, but they want us to kill them, not each other, this isn't the desired effect. This numb-nut has had a major malfunction. Doh!

Prime minister Jens Stoltenberg: "The answer to violence is even more democracy, even more humanity, but never naivete."

What a refreshing attitude. Easy to take a knee jerk reaction after something like this. Compare and contrast with the attitude of the US, and to a lesser extent the UK, over the last decade.

The more I hear about this, the angrier I get. It's so bad. A real nightmare for all involved. No legislating for what that guy did, so I don't think you can blame anyone aside from that unthinking man. Absolute selfishness and there's nothing worse

the sun amaze me. from the moment it happened people had been saying it was clearly not al queda.

the media has certiainly a part to blame in this ground swell of anti-muslim paranoia in certain parts of society. we certainly need to keep our fingers on the pulse of far-right groups, and not let this silly fear of islamification get any worse.

as for this guy, well you can't account for lone wolf terrorism. it just happens. what needs to be looked at though are the people he kept in touch with. are they organised? etc.

probably a discussion for another day though.

the sun amaze me. from the moment it happened people had been saying it was clearly not al queda.

the media has certiainly a part to blame in this ground swell of anti-muslim paranoia in certain parts of society. we certainly need to keep our fingers on the pulse of far-right groups, and not let this silly fear of islamification get any worse.

See my link ...

they ammended their report for the online edition, but the morning edition reported it was al queda, completely unsubstantially.

thats what the previous poster was pointing out.

Ahh sorry, for some reason I thought that link was for what the Sun would look like tomorrow.

That is a **** ridiculous picture
I'm sure the people in the pics dept could have tried a little harder looking for a norway themed pic of brenda, but following the 'bellyful' cartoon in the times and the camping advert I'm beginning to wonder if news intl are just taking the piss now.

There's a ~1,500 page document doing the rouns which was apparently written by him and sent to a group of his friends shortly before the events started. Amongst other things it has sections detailing exactly how and why he did what he did.

Q: What tipped the scales for you? What single event made you decide you wanted to continue planning and moving on with the assault?

A: For me, personally, it was my government’s involvement in the attacks on Serbia (NATO bombings in 1999) several years back. It was completely unacceptable how the US and Western European regimes bombed our Serbian brothers. All they wanted was to drive Islam out by deporting the Albanian Muslims back to Albania. When the Albanians refused, they really didn’t have any choice but to use military force. By disallowing the Serbians the right for self-determination over their sovereign territory they indirectly dug a grave for Europe. A future where several Mini-Pakistan’s would eventually will be created in every Western European capital. This is unacceptable, completely unacceptable

Has this been mentioned here yet?:-

http://twitpic.com/5u6n2l

Don't believe everything you read on twitter.

That was not actually the front page that was in stores. I don't know if it was an early mock up done before details came out?

I'm no fan of the sun but I checked in the newsagents yesterday and that line about al-qaeda actually said "Norway's Terror".

Â