Photography?

trimandson

Well, if we're talking unusual graves, there's a gravestone in Andamooka, in the outback - a wierd place ot say the least - it's like a wild west frontier town, with a post office/opal store made from glass bottles, and the other "attraction" there is a grave

post-75-0-92658800-1395857836_thumb.png

• Like 1

I like this old grave competition. I'm going to take up the challenge. Team Australia.

Did anybody even live in Australia in 1681, let alone die there?! ;)

Aboriginal people lived and died in Australia before 1681, but didn't typically erect gravestones, nor inscribe them in English.

So my post was something of an attempted joke, and you've got it in one, Risso, although I'd have preferred it if you could have realised it was a joke :)

• 2 weeks later...

Your wife's an amazing photographer Si.  That looks like a 1930s movie poster.

Agree, that is one awesome photo. Your wife (and daughter) should be really proud. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

14163750486_c68818447c_b_d.jpg

John Calver Lare, died 1749, Woodbridge, Suffolk.

I think that's the oldest one I found today, plenty appeared older but were totally unreadable.

Our man John here was a Stay maker well that must have been a fun job for a bloke in the early 1700's making corsets for the ladies of the town.

• 2 weeks later...

14291246912_dae6cf0d31_c.jpg

not particularly old, 1820's in fact so actually the 'newest' skull I've found to date

St Mary Church, Stratford St Mary, just outside Ipswich

it's a bit rough, a combination of two pints of Kingfisher and messing about with some free software

Photo Organising software = what are most people using these days. Irealised I have quite a few installed and its become a mess

Can I put my hand up as well?

As a Mac user, I find iPhoto and its big brother Aperture very good for editing, but crap for organising.

Any tips for organising photos on a Mac?

Tbh I've never found a satisfactory organisation software. Always done it myself.

Separate Hard Drive. Folder with date and location as title of folder. All RAW files in one sub folder, then any good ones / edited photos in a separate folder with a new relevant title. Any size shrunken images for posting on social media in a further separate sub folder.

As long as the logic is consistent, I find it works well for me.

I do the same, arrange them in folders. I usually keep a years worth of photos on internal drives for quick access and then move them on to external drives.

Year -> Month -> Date -> RAW /JPG/ WEB

The idea was to tag the images too for quick searching, but meh.. I never bother.

I use Adobe Bridge+Camera Raw+Photoshop, but try to do most of my editing work in camera raw as it's much quicker, and reserve PS for the more advanced options.

Â