Photography?

trimandson

Plough. It's a fairly common

Yes, the one with the water andthe one with the plough is it, or old gun? seem to have more warmth, perhaps due to the combination of less sky and for the one with the water, just the combination of water and trees.

I think it's a plough (or some other piece of primitive farm equipment). It's a fairly common yard decoration in these parts to connect the house to its agricultural heritage or somesuch.

Those were the first two taken, also; both before the rain clouds started moving in.

cheers!

just the luck of the drizzle...

10213434984_8ce1dc3701_b.jpg

So, the game I've set myself is to take photo's on my route to that day's work. No great diversions, I sometimes allow myself a street or two, a mile or two if there is a sign for an abbey or a canal or whatnot. Usually however, like today, it has to be visible from the road I was on, on the way to do my thing.

Today, somewhere down by Westbury, an ex church, recently an office, now for sale with planning as a house conversion.

• Like 2

10117055206_1a1f053de7_b.jpg

I tried to capture the glamour of a British Seafront (Leysdown, Sheppey) in October.

I think that sums up the British Seaside perfectly, great shot.

Yup good shot!

cheers!

just the luck of the drizzle...

10213434984_8ce1dc3701_b.jpg

So, the game I've set myself is to take photo's on my route to that day's work. No great diversions, I sometimes allow myself a street or two, a mile or two if there is a sign for an abbey or a canal or whatnot. Usually however, like today, it has to be visible from the road I was on, on the way to do my thing.

Today, somewhere down by Westbury, an ex church, recently an office, now for sale with planning as a house conversion.

I love this idea except I work from home and there isn't a lot between my kitchen and office :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Getting myself a Think Tank retrospective 7 tomorrow, I think. Will try it out first, see how it feels. Product page-link. Any one tried it? I have a larger Lowpro shoulder bag, which is great for travel, but too heavy to carry all day. I need a smaller one for weddings and everyday use.

I'm heading to Copenhagen tonight for a wedding. It's supposed to be great weather and around 20 degrees for most of my trip. Gonna stay a week and get to know the city a bit. When I'm back I go straight to Jotunheimen in Norway for a movie festival high up in the mountains with lots of day activities, and I will be part of the film and photography team. Then it's back to prepare for a long weekend trip to Island, followed by a week long break in Oslo. Oh and I get payed for all of this :) :)

If it goes on like this I think I've chosen the right profession.    

I have the Thinktank 10 and its the best camera bag I've owned. I love it, deceptively spacious.

When I put it on it seemed a lot smaller than I thought, so after trying a few of them I ended up getting the blueish nr 40.  It's a bit deeper, and not as bulky as the other ones. Have to agree with you... it's the best one I've had. It's soooo comfortable despite being fully loaded with gear, and it doesn't look like it has photo-gear inside.

It got through an 8-hour ATV trip in Iceland and protected my gear despite rain, snow, dusty winds and quite a few bumps.

DSC_8097-1024x682.jpg

Edited by tarjei

10730802666_03d490dce5_c.jpg

Had to drive through Lacock in Wiltshire today and noticed it had quite a large and impressive Great War Memorial. Couldn't help noticing it was only a small place but had 30 names for remembrance. When I got home I did a quick wiki check and Lacock has a population of under 200 (which feels about right for the few dozen houses there).

30 lost from a population of 200

Couldn't help noticing those on the added stone for World War 2 numbered 'only' 14. I can't help but think that lesser number was a direct result of the 30 men lost 22 years earlier.

It was the sort of place that was picture postcard pretty and genteel, what a terrible impact those wars must have had.

We are, despite our grumbles, a lucky generation.

• Like 2

What camera are you using Chris?

it's just half a step up from a happy snapper, an Olympus EPL1

it was NOS end of line with 2 lenses in the box for £200

to be honest it's usually set on auto for snaps, but then I've usually got the laptop in the car so I can tweek later

I'm very much a shoot n run artist at the moment 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

11196462936_ff8315c30c_c.jpg

I'm not obsessed with graveyards, honest. But I am intrigued by the mid 1700's where they do appear to glory in the death with skulls and skeletons a plenty.

Phillimon here looks like he had an interesting life.

(edit: Church of the Holy Trinity, Queensborough)

Edited by chrisp65

Â