Photography?

trimandson

Any suggestions for where to hawk some old kit? Been asked by a friend to see if I can get a decent price for a mint original Nikon F with a tonne of accessories, lenses and other bits and bobs. He needs a fair price but don't really want to do down the ebay route.

If it really ia a mint Nikon F then Grays of Westminster are the people you want to deal with.I've sold quite a bit of gear through them and always found them fair with their grading and price, though you'd obviously get more through a private sale, they will probably give you the best second hand through a dealer price

Cheers Bicks. Looks just the ticket.

Made a video from a festival i was at last weekend. Learning lots. Only using my D800 with primes on the glidecam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P17dBoP5xvI&feature=youtu.be

Made a video from a festival i was at last weekend. Learning lots. Only using my D800 with primes on the glidecam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P17dBoP5xvI&feature=youtu.be

Very nice! You're having fun! Keep them coming

I done gone bought the wrong **** lens from Value Basket for my trip to France at the end of June.  It took them three weeks to deliver it, and when I eventually got it, I found the Auto Focus is not compatible with my Nikon D5100.  Now the bastards are ignoring  my emails when I try to contact them about returning it.  It's been out of the box for about an hour, and I assume it will work fine with a compatible body.  Anyone interested in making me an offer for it?  Otherwise it's going on eBay this week.  I'm going to get either the 35 or 50mm AF-S f/1.8G instead...

20130731_192615_zps091072a1.jpg

^ Photo taken with my phone.  My photography is better than that.  ;)

Nice.. I made the same mistake way back when and got that one. It's not that it is not compatible, your camera doesn't have a focus motor, which is built into to higher end cameras. So in example that lens would have auto focus with the D90/D7000-series. It's good, but if you can afford it the f1.4 is worth the money in my opinion (and has built in SWM so will auto focus) and will also cover and be even better on FX-sensor.

Edited by tarjei

• 2 weeks later...

9486717634_bf9af2c77d_b.jpg

no claim here for this to be technically competent, I haven't even squared it up, I just love it!

taken from a moving open top bus on one of those cheesey tourist, er, tours

I reckon this would look quite good in greyscale...

• 3 weeks later...

I've started to go gig photography and stuff for events as I'm working for a friends company. I'm not being paid at the moment as I'm still learning and my images aren't exactly great at the moment.

Anyway, I got some pictures at the Liverpool Music Awards on Sunday. Take a look at the pictures on my Flickr page if you fancy it: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHKQBWL

I've also started a new account on Twitter that I'll be using purely for photography in the future. If any of you fancy following me on there then my Twitter name is @Matt84_Creative

Any feedback and tips would be much appreciated. I'm already aware that the images I took at the Liverpool Music Awards are far from perfect, yet I'm happy with some of them. The noise on a lot of them is annoying but I'll try to work on that in future.

Matt do a search on Mark McNulty Photography Liverpool for some great gig and Music related photography, plus other arts and Liverpool related stuff.

He's an old mate of mine and his photography is superb. he has a number of websites / blogs inc

Markmcnulty.co.uk (commercial site)

Rivercool (personal blog)

He was definitely covering the LIMF at the weekend, not sure if he did the awards

you'll also find him on FB (he's in my friends list so you should be able to find him easy enough)

He has a great portfolio stretching back a good three decades, you can learn a lot from his photos

And if you look hard enough you might find some of me in there somewhere.

Â