Photography?

trimandson

On 18/05/2018 at 12:01, The_Rev said:

32063996_2075191569418857_58099221767861

Man who will do anything to avoid driving a car, Nuneaton. Sorry it's not especially grim @hogso

Ah, now I do like our stretch of canal. We went for a run down towards Hartshill last weekend (well, to Dobbies eventually), and there were some sights along that stretch I'd love to have had a camera for. A mini (or something small anyway) with the roof cut off, barely recognisable, hidden next to path amongst overgrown shrubs and such sticks in the mind specifically. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've spent the last 4 or 5 evenings sat out the back garden watching Venus arc across the sky just after sunset.

It's been great star weather lately.

(I know Venus isn't a star and no, I couldn't see Uranus)

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I took this picture on our approach into Manchester Airport earlier today.  It shows the smoke cloud from the fire on Saddleworth Moor stretching across the city.

DgtZv0EX4AEnEeh.jpg

Nag, that's just typical Manc Cloud ???? be raining there tomorrow 

Just checking to see if this forum can directly embed from Instagram as it's where most of my photos get uploaded to.  Will fill a post out later with some more that I like, but these two are from a couple of days ago when we had that nice sunset.  Sadly I didn't knock off work until about half an hour after the sun went down. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

42030298470_d54619bdd4.jpg

Not the best photo ever, a 'snap' taken with the phone on my constitutional this morning.

We had a fairly decent storm here, overnight about a week ago. It took about 2 foot depth of sand off the one beach and it clearly dredged up some deep sea bed. If you can see the black patches on the sand there, that's coal dust from an industrial past. Ninety years of being a coal exporting port lead to a fair bit being dropped along the route out of the dock and down the channel. Once in a blue moon we get a combination of tides and storms that picks up a few tons and drops it on a local beach.

I quite like it. I presume the local tourist bods go in to panic mode. It'll wash away again soon enough.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Handheld snapshot while running for a train, but there was good light.  I'll bet you could get something magnificent from this spot if you stood there for half an hour. 

Great shot (as always) that's some suicidal cyclist. Not only is he not a Tram, he's on the wrong side of the tracks ?

Love the Back Street one in Barca too

That's pretty normal behaviour there Bicks, it's right outside New Street station on the curve from the tram platforms to where the line goes uphill towards Corporation Street. I'm standing on the ramp looking down (through glass) and it's a sea of people at all times. If anything it's usually busier than in the photo. 

And yeah, Barcelona is great for photography. I kinda wish I'd taken my big camera, but the RX100 did superbly to be fair to it. 

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

And yeah, Barcelona is great for photography. I kinda wish I'd taken my big camera, but the RX100 did superbly to be fair to it. 

Agreed, I want to go back but only when I've got a big camera again. Though my where there's blame money should be coming through any week soon, so who knows, maybe sooner than I think

Â