Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Not going to knock him too much because he made some great saves in the first half but..

When you're down to 10 you need to hold on to the ball, Benteke sent off Gabby comes on and he still goes long and puts massive pressure back on to the team and he constantly did it.

I can understand if we were pressing up high to win the ball back but we always just sit back which again puts pressure on.

You can see Spurs dropping off as they knew he was going long. Frustrating.

Not going to knock him too much because he made some great saves in the first half but..

When you're down to 10 you need to hold on to the ball, Benteke sent off Gabby comes on and he still goes long and puts massive pressure back on to the team and he constantly did it.

I can understand if we were pressing up high to win the ball back but we always just sit back which again puts pressure on.

You can see Spurs dropping off as they knew he was going long. Frustrating.

I actually took particular notice today of when Guzan had the ball.

His distribution isn't one of his strong points and I'd like to see him keep it short too.

BUT he has very few options. None of our defenders really look for the ball when Guzan gets it. They usually turn their back and make their way forward.

Now, maybe they do that because they know he'll go long. But either way, today anyway, he had very few options to give a short pass instead of going long.

Maybe the message needs to come from above and the players need to be told. But I don't think he can be held totally at fault for always going long.

• Like 1

I think this guy is the problem in our team to be honest.

Really? .. care to explain?

I think the first statement there was way too far, to be honest, but his distribution does leave a lot to be desired. A weird time to bring it up though, he was definitely MOTM yesterday and put in an excellent performance. 

• Like 2

Poor distribution isn't only Guzan's fault, it's a team issue with players not making themselves available, or, especially, standing too close to the touchline, but he does boot the ball basically out of play a fair amount too. It clearly isn't a strength of his, I don't know how anyone can argue that. Nevertheless, as I said before, an excellent performance yesterday, he single-handedly got us that point really. 

Hadn't been at his best in recent weeks, but was outstanding again yesterday. So many times during Lambert's tenure he has had to drag us out of a hole with the defence and midfield sat on him, trying to soak up pressure. Good work Brad.

Can't see him being at the club long beyond this summer to be honest. Too good for us

I think Guzan has a genuine affection for the club though, and that will play a big part in his plans, whereas a guy like Delph will be off at the first real glance he gets.

Can't see him being at the club long beyond this summer to be honest. Too good for us

I think Guzan has a genuine affection for the club though, and that will play a big part in his plans, whereas a guy like Delph will be off at the first real glance he gets.

I sure hope so!

For years in USA camp, they have considered Guzan excellent at distribution..... When he throws it. Watch the difference between his throws and his kicks.

I said on here last week. His distribution isn't great but he rarely gets any options from our defenders to go short.

When he gets the ball the fullbacks push up, whereas if you want to play it short you need them dropping wide as an option or drawing the strikers to open up the centre backs.

That doesn't happen for us.

Who's fault that is is up for debate. Is it guzan because he never keeps it short so they know there's no point. Is he told to kick it long by management? Do the fullbacks not want it?

is goalkeeper distribution really an issue? granted it would be brilliant if we had a Manuel Neuer type keeper but if Guzan keeps winning man of the match and making saves then I dont care where his goal kicks land

Â