Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Which goalies in the league are better?

I was told in this thread that Begovic and Hart are better, which is of course a load of bollocks. Begovic makes far too many elementary errors and Hart is basically the second coming of David James, he has awful concentration and doesn't command his area particularly well.

Guzan is better than both of them.

Which goalies in the league are better?

I was told in this thread that Begovic and Hart are better, which is of course a load of bollocks. Begovic makes far too many elementary errors and Hart is basically the second coming of David James, he has awful concentration and doesn't command his area particularly well.

Guzan is better than both of them.

Yeah and Guzan never makes mistakes? 

Both he and Begovic are top quality IMO

Friedel has always come across as a quietly confident and intelligent footballer, if we could bring him back here to work with steer and Guzan again, and i think Guzan and Friedel working together could be a draw, then i think we should do everything we can to get him back, great character.

on the subject of Guzan, whenever a player is in front of goal i feel increasingly confident Guzan will stop it, however he seems to have forgotten how to kick a ball since Benteke went off at Norwich, that needs serious work and fast because it's frustrating as **** and is putting us regularly under unnecessary pressure

Friedel would make an excellent goalkeeping coach and such a good influence on Brad and Steer. I'd love to see this happen.

Love Super Brad but his distribution does need work. I expect he'll be doing a little extra kicking practice this week. Still -- even in a game where his distribution was largely unsuccessful and he had at least three goal kicks go straight out for a throw, he managed an assist. Not bad.

watching the highlights if Chelsea spurs yesterday, avb was constantly turning to friedel

I think Friedel was just doing that thing where you tap someone on the shoulder then look away.

73400_o.gif

Edited by heid3ster

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal have been linked with Guzan today.

Obviously, we wouldn't sell unless he tried to force it. But hypothetically, if we were to sell Guzan, what sort of fee would you think is "acceptable"?

Edited by PieFacE

Obviously, we wouldn't sell unless he tried to force it. But hypothetically, if we were to sell Guzan, what sort of fee would you think is "acceptable"?

Given how valuable he is to the team I would say at least 9m - as good as mingolet and got a good 10 years in him 

• Like 1

100-billion-dollars-276x3001.jpg?w=276&h

Kinda looks like Guzan btw

• Like 3

Given that they already have a very good goalkeeper in Szczęsny who is only 23 then I assume its just media speculation and there's zero truth in it.

Goalie's don't really tend to command massive fees other than the odd exception here and there.

Market value what, £13M?

Market value is whatever we say.  Guzan has just signed up to a nice new contract, too, so good luck gunners!  

This is the cockney press simply being very disrespectful to Villa once again.  It was Benteke last year and now it's Brad.

Goalie's don't really tend to command massive fees other than the odd exception here and there.

Market value what, £13M?

Market value is whatever we say. Guzan has just signed up to a nice new contract, too, so good luck gunners!

This is the cockney press simply being very disrespectful to Villa once again. It was Benteke last year and now it's Brad.

No, market value is what the market says not what we say. That would be our valuation, which I would expect to be higher this the market valuation because of how important he is to us.

Â