Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Glad that he finally got the clean sheet that he deserves. There's been so many games where the end result doesn't reflect his brilliant performances. Dominates his area and a great personality in the team. We may still have defensive issues, but I'm effin' glad we have a rock like him between the sticks.

Guzan had more touches than any other Villa player today that's an absolute joke our dependancy on kicking it back to him is appalling.

Guzan 58

Luna 48

Weimann 46

Bacuna 46

To put things into further perspective John Ruddy had 34. Which was less than any Norwich player who hadn't been subbed bar RvW.

Guzan had more touches than any other Villa player today that's an absolute joke our dependancy on kicking it back to him is appalling.

Guzan 58

Luna 48

Weimann 46

Bacuna 46

To put things into further perspective John Ruddy had 34. Which was less than any Norwich player who hadn't been subbed bar RvW.

I don't see your point.

• Like 1

Guzan 58

Luna 48

Weimann 46

Bacuna 46

Honestly, I couldn't care one jot. We were away from home doing what we do best, counter attacking and punishing teams.

Until we find a system that makes us more comfortable in possession then that may well happen again.

• Like 1

What a save from Hooper. He has that bizarre matrix-hanging-in-the-air trick for saves. It's bizarre. Double movement. He jumps like a Jedi. One jump, then a second mini jump of impetus to scoop the ball away

• Like 1

Guzan 58

Luna 48

Weimann 46

Bacuna 46

Honestly, I couldn't care one jot. We were away from home doing what we do best, counter attacking and punishing teams.

Until we find a system that makes us more comfortable in possession then that may well happen again.

My point is Guzan had a pass completion rate of 32%, I'm in no way blaming Brad for this who was amazing yesterday, but every time we can under a slight pit of pressure yesterday we'd go back to Guzan who'd kick it long and every 2 out of 3 times he wouldn't find a Villa man. There was one stage where we passed it back to him, he kicked it, Benteke won a header which came to Delph who then gave it to Vlaar who passed to Guzan who's kick out went straight to Norwich. All I'm asking for is every once in a while give it to a defender or full back or have one of the midfield drop deep and receive it. When you look at our goal yesterday it's from a Guzan throw to Weimann.

Yes great shot stopper and command his area. You cant ask for more from a goalkeeper. The best I think at Villa since Bosnich and he might prove better than him.

Guzan is a very good keeper. Which makes him about half the keeper Bosnich was. That's not a criticism. Bossie was world class.

Guzan is great for us, but I honestly wouldn't put him in the very top bracket yet. For me those better are (in no specific order):

De Gea

Hart

Lloris

Cech

Then Guzan is probably on a similar par to:

Begovic

Mignolet

Vorm

Krul

de gea was a little calamity at first, hes calmed down but i still wouldnt say hes up there, not even my manure fan would either

hart is very over rated and can be a calamity on his day, maybe he should focus less on his hair

cech is getting on now, not as good as he was before his injury

guzan is defnitely up there, and as already mentioned, not getting these clean sheets doesnt do him justice

Â