Stephen Warnock

KSV

If he doesn't go before the deadline he has to go back into the starting line up as Baker shouldn't really be played there. We are paying his wages and couldn't do a worse job.

I agree, but then again I also think that he should be a starter week in week out if fully fit and focused, yes there's better out there but there's also a hell of a lot worse, I only want what's best for Aston Villa Football Club and if he's not sold then IMO he should be playing.... UTV SOTC

I don't think Warnock has been put to train with reserves for any light reason - there gotta be something behind it which haven't been said publicly...Isn't this second time he's been put there as Houllier also did the same?

I'm going to take a guess and say he'll go to...erm...I'll go with Blackburn, right at the death of this transfer deadline.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2012/08/30/aston-villa-say-no-bid-from-sunderland-for-stephen-warnock-61634-31725085/

Aston Villa say no bid from Sunderland for Stephen Warnock

Villa boss Paul Lambert says he has not had a bid from Sunderland for Stephen Warnock

WITH only two days of transfer trading left in 2012, Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says he has not had a bid from Sunderland for Stephen Warnock.

Kieran Richardson’s anticipated move to Fulham leaves the Black Cats’ need for a new left-back even more pressing.

With Warnock firmly out of favour at Aston Villa – the club Martin O’Neill took him to from Blackburn – the Merseysider seemed an obvious transfer target.

Even more so after young left-back Joe Bennett yesterday left Middlesbrough for Villa Park.

However, Lambert’s insistence that he has not received any offers for the 30-year-old suggests Sunderland are focusing their efforts more on Dnipro’s Ivan Strinic.

New manager Lambert has made it plain Warnock and former Sunderland loanee Alan Hutton have no part in his plans, but when asked if he had any takers for the pair he replied: “If your phone doesn’t go, you have to wait and see.

“Maybe their agents are doing things, I don’t know.”

Since releasing George McCartney this summer, the Wearsiders have not had a senior left-back on their books.

McCartney rejoined West Ham United, where he spent last season on loan......

O’Neill tried to fill the gap in his squad with Manchester City’s Wayne Bridge in the season half of last term.

They'll buy Hutton :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Must have a terrible attitude aswell

After saying allegedly ( I will put that in until he has gone then might be able to share some light on it ) what he did about the club / fans / area to the Management after the Blackburn game in Houliiers regime HE should have never played again , but the economics of the situation stopped that from happening .

Same part of the world as Tony Morley but differrent mentality

Word in the game supposedly is that he is past his sell by date and too expensive wages wise . Another Beye

Â