Stephen Warnock

KSV

Yes it is problematic playing two inexperienced fullbacks in Lowton and Cresswell (if he signs) but it is (yet another) transitional season for us.

The spine of our team has experience; Given, Vlaar, Ireland, Holman, Bent, Agbonlahor.

It seems PL is keen on signing young cheap talent to benefit our future and with Henke our new scout we can try and be in the mix to sign some future top European players. I think the next few seasons will be exciting, but this season is mid-table or eighth at the very best!

Yes it is problematic playing two inexperienced fullbacks in Lowton and Cresswell (if he signs) but it is (yet another) transitional season for us.

The spine of our team has experience; Given, Vlaar, Ireland, Holman, Bent, Agbonlahor.

It seems PL is keen on signing young cheap talent to benefit our future and with Henke our new scout we can try and be in the mix to sign some future top European players. I think the next few seasons will be exciting, but this season is mid-table or eighth at the very best!

I agree with everything you said.

I think it's going to be a challenge. The full-back positions seem to be the ones we've had the biggest trouble with the past few seasons.

The January window is looking important :) which feels like a strange thing to say when this window hasn't shut yet.

In the sense it's going to be a time to either rectify or support the choices made in this pre-season window, like it always is, but with huge responsibility and consequence to a greater degree than a usual January window when usually only slight tweaks or panic buys are made.

I have the feeling the coming January window will be treated the same as this pre-season. And so will each one that follows for a couple of seasons. No panicking but constantly making additions/replacements to the side, seeing how they work out and then continuing that each time a new window opens.

Lambert confirmed Warnock has been excluded from training with the first-team squad as Villa try to find a taker for the 30-year-old defender as he enters the final year of his contract.

But the manager insisted neither he nor fellow full-back outcast Alan Hutton were beyond redemption if they do not find new clubs before next Friday’s transfer deadline.

“Stephen’s been all right, he’s been fine,” said Lambert.

“I’ve got to work with lads that are young and I’ve got to get them into my way of thinking as well. The squad will evolve – that’s normal in football.

“You never say never on anything, I’ve just made a decision I think is right for the club.”

From the Birmingham Mail.

I have less of a problem with Warnock than I do Hutton. Sure, Lambert wants them both out, but if we can't shift them or get anyone in, our squad is going to be really thin, if we get a few injuries he might be forced to recall them.

He's playing a bit of a dangerous game if you ask me, nobody took a punt on Warnock when Houllier ditched him, what's likely to have changed now.

I find it odd Lambert played him at Forest.(Although his display would have made you never play him again)

But it does seem weird how he is totally isolated now. I can only think that him and Hutton are bad eggs.

in short, hes just a very average left back

all footballers want to play in the premier league, but not all are good enough, and warnock is simply one of them, hes better suited to the championship, whih he needs to accept

I think excluding him from the first team squad is harsh. To be honest I think we would ne better starting hutton and warnock instead of lowton and baker. if lambert does not sign anybody before the window i think he is taking a risk doing this.

It is harsh, but it is done for a reason: To motivate him to move when an offer is on the table.

What Lambert and the club will achieve if succesful in motivating him to move is:

1) Maybe get a fee of 2 mill

2) Save 2.1 mill in wages

3) Make the team into his team faster

Put it this way he is the best lb we have so if he stays it would be foolish not to play him.

Â