Stephen Warnock

KSV

worst performance I have seen

you seem to hate the guy and even wehn he plays well you say he had a bad game. IS it cause he doesnt like Houllier

I've said it before but i've never rated him even before Houllier was in the picture, when we purchased him it was a waste of money.

He is never going to be worth £8m and today he was pissing himself every time Dyer got the ball.

He will never be good enough in my opinion.

Twice he has gifted the opposition this season and it will no doubt continue.

To Warnock's credit, I think he's been pretty solid this season. But today he got run ragged by a sprightly lad with no little class. He wont be the first that's happened to and he wont be the last

The fact we have no other options is more worrying. Because Clark would've faired no better at left back today i'm 100% sure

The only thing I can say is Stephen Warnock please leave our club asap. It is very rare for me to not like a particular player but this guy is an exception, he really pisses me off and I cannot way for the day we get rid of him.

I really don't understand where the idea that he's having a decent season has come from.

I think he's been exceptionally poor this year, like a player who has just had an entire season not playing football (which is exactly what he is).

Hoping he'll regain form to the same level he was two years ago - I thought he was much improved against Stoke and Chelsea, and also second half today he did well to get over his mistake. But there's no excuse for how bad his first half performance was. Terrible.

He makes loads of mistakes every game but most amount to nothing, poor passes, unnecessary corners or throw ins. Today he was found out for what he is.....just not good enough.

agree completely. hes often out of position, often diving in giving away pointless freekicks. he is too error prone.

Can't understand why people think he's been great this season. He's a liability, and he proved that today. He's just not good enough while he's constantly making stupid mistakes and slipping and sliding everywhere.

hes just not good enough for where we should/want/need to be, squad player maybe, as back up, but hes only got so much game time as there was nobody else to push him, im really hoping stevens comes good, settles in and becomes a top international, a team of our stature should have of 'international quality' in every position (in theory)

If I'm honest I would stick Clark at left back. He'll do a better job than Warnock that's for sure. Fact is, today we basically had 10 men and I noticed that Dunne, Collins, N'Zogbia and Clark constantly had to cover for him.

Here is my Warnock rant from the match thread-

I think Warnock, who I do not rate, had a TERRIBLE 1st half. He has been below average for most of the season, especially the last few matches. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you're defending a speedy winger NOT to mark him so tightly if you have no support. You give the winger a bit of space so that you don't get done for pace or a ball over the top. Also, Warnock hasn't got a clue when it comes to keeping in line with the other defenders or an offside trap. He was a good 10 yards ahead of the other defenders and an easy chip over the top set his winger clear on goal. Dunne/Collins/Cuellar have been bailing Warnock out REPEATEDLY this season. I haven't even mentioned the fact that Warnock likes passing the ball to the wrong team in dangerous positions, because all the other poor play really shows how terrible he is. Houllier fell out with him, fair enough. If Warnock was a good enough player, you better believe that GH would have eventually put him back into the side. Managers want to keep their job. GH obviously saw that Clark or Baker or even Delph were adequate replacements for Warnock. That being said, fair play to Warnock for not committing suicide at halftime and coming out and having a scrappy, much better 2nd half. I respect the fact that he didn't throw in the towel and give up. I'd give him a -2 for the 1st half and a 6 for the 2nd.

Â