Stephen Warnock

KSV

So it turns out Houllier was right to banish him from the first team

he would have been if we had another left back at the time

Clark and Young didn't do a bad job there. Clark needs to be starting there because Warnock is just awful.

No no no, Clark is no where near quick enough as showed when he'd only been in that position for all of 5 seconds and Anichibe totally did him.

Would rather see Enda given a chance at least he is a left back.

Clark and Young didn't do a bad job there. Clark needs to be starting there because Warnock is just awful.

but Houllier tried to play Delph there which was just embarrassing

He was emergency cover and for what it's worth was no worse than Warcock

For his own sake yes he's got to be dropped and regain his confidence, he was good when we signed him good when we brought him back into the 1st team but **** hell he's awful at the moment, he's so bad he's making Hutton look half decent

to think he was an England player 18 months ago at a world cup

So it turns out Houllier was right to banish him from the first team

he would have been if we had another left back at the time

No no no, Clark is no where near quick enough as showed when he'd only been in that position for all of 5 seconds and Anichibe totally did him.

Would rather see Enda given a chance at least he is a left back.

Clark wasn't playing as a left back when Anichibe scored. Warnock was still on the field then.

Clark is still a much better left back than Warnock. I don't think he's fantastic or anything but Warnock is that shit. Would like to see Stevens given a run there but I doubt it'll happen.

I don't want to see this prick in a Villa shirt again

**** off back to Cheshire you bell end

I don't think he ever left which was part of the problem with Houllier remember ;)

He really has turned out to be a poor signing and simply not the player many of us thought we were getting myself included, I thought he was a very good purchase if a little over priced.

A few Blackburn fans though at the time told me he wasn't the player everyone seemed to think he was and that he was seriously over rated.

I've defended Warnock a lot, especially under Houllier. I put it down to a poor manager, a loss of fitness, form and confidence but you can only blame those things for so long before you come to the conclusion, the realisation if you like that actually, when it really comes down to it he just isn't actually very good.

At the moment he is no better than Shorey other than that he isn't a coward.

A little overpriced, at £8m, that is the understatement of 2012 so far

No not at all.

I was specifically talking about the time at which we signed him, at the time we signed him it seemed a little over priced.

Sure now he appears a lot more than a little overpriced but that is with hindsight, at the time for the player we thought we were getting or perhaps were getting at that time he was a little over priced.

We paid £7.5m for a player most would have rated at about £5-6m.

to think he was an England player 18 months ago at a world cup

Only because Baines pulled out of the squad as he suffers from home sickness. The left backs were supposed to be Cole and Baines. Warnock was a last minute replacement.

I've been saying for months/years that Warnock is an utterly woeful full-back. I said his brief good run of form at the start of O'Neill's reign was a fluke, but was told my opinion was rubbish and that he was a really good defender. Are those people still so vocal in their condemning of my viewpoint?

He should be nowhere near our first team, and the only plus point of Houllier's disastrous reign was when he banished him to play with the youth team, where he belongs.

i agree i think warnock is the worst player in a villa shirt at the moent people said about albrighton not tracking bk all the way for Everton goal! but why the hell was warnock standing 3 yds away from Dunne, he has no sense of position and why the hell is Hutton bk in the team another awful full back. Its so frustrating

Have you noticed as well when he makes massive mistakes he'll fake injuries now? He did it again yesterday when he nearly scored an own goal. He would have been finished if that went in.

He also did it last season aswell before he was banished to the reserves (probably did it there too)

Â