Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

lol, don't be silly, don't you know BF3 was the 'lead platform'?? ;)

@Rupert (;))I do have premium yea, I personally think it's a rip off but when EVERYSINGLE person I play with buys it on day one, I felt the need to buy it so I wasn't the only one without it :lol: (PEER PRESSURE FOR DICE WIN!)

I'd say the best part of it will be Armoured Kill and the new guns. The new maps are quite fun to play sometimes, but I'm not the greatest fan. It's very easy to get alot of points though.

The new guns are over powered though, and they will get nerfed eventually, its a good tatic buy DICE to get all the premium players saying 'oh my god the new guns are awesome'.

I'm enjoying the game now though, still a few things to iron out like fall damage, some silly bad luck deaths still happen etc.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me why my gun (M4) keeps switching automatically to burst fire so I can only fire one bullet at a time? It's proper annoying, especially when I'm having a good round. I edit my setup in game but it doesn't go back to normal unless I exit the game and join a new one.

Xbox btw.

So i play battlefield on pc and whilst im not the greatest player i can hold my own. However whilst i was away for about 2 months my brother has completely wrecked my account and stats which is kind of depressing. I know also have the problem that im really 'rusty' at the game and seem myself to be getting dicked on. So i was wondering if any new tactics or anything has occurred that ive missed out on cause atm it feels like everyone is just on another level to me...

If you have premium you can 'reset' your stats like your K/D etc. With regards to the rust thing, just take your time and stick with your squad so you don't get knifed (shouldn't be too hard on PC because there's less space). Stick to the maps you like for a couple of days to get back into the swing of things and just remember to play a little slower than you would playing COD.

Villarule123 - the M4 thing, as far as I can remember the game remembers the fire mode when you die. Not saying you always put it in single shot, but that could be an explanation. Yesterday my PS3 was clunking and I kept spawning into the map without any guns! was well weird and annoying lol.

If you have premium you can 'reset' your stats like your K/D etc. With regards to the rust thing, just take your time and stick with your squad so you don't get knifed (shouldn't be too hard on PC because there's less space). Stick to the maps you like for a couple of days to get back into the swing of things and just remember to play a little slower than you would playing COD.

Villarule123 - the M4 thing, as far as I can remember the game remembers the fire mode when you die. Not saying you always put it in single shot, but that could be an explanation. Yesterday my PS3 was clunking and I kept spawning into the map without any guns! was well weird and annoying lol.

cheers for the advice. I was really struggling with aim but swapped to a hardcore server and was posting scores that were better than i ever have before. So it must be helping, That or it was a server full of noobs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else get the latest DLC yesterday? Armoured Kill is great fun, new maps and vehicles etc. Tank Supremacy is the new mode, any thoughts? I'm dreadful in vehicles but this almost forces you to use them which gets you good experience. I for one am loving it!

Did anyone else get the latest DLC yesterday? Armoured Kill is great fun, new maps and vehicles etc. Tank Supremacy is the new mode, any thoughts? I'm dreadful in vehicles but this almost forces you to use them which gets you good experience. I for one am loving it!

I only watched the trailer this morning, looks great! Unfortunately I don't have Premium and I also play on Xbox which means I won't be getting this DLC for another 3 weeks nearly according to this. Sucks to be me.

Someone be nice enough to buy me a PC.. Armoured Kill would be the bee's ****' knees with 40+ players. As it is, with 24 players, the maps can be somewhat barren.

Also, frame rate issues become apparent when there's a lot of stuff going on, which is a shame. I played one game of Rush on Armoured Sheild map and it's very much tipped in favour of the attacking teams. They get from the get go; 3 tank destroyers, 1 ac-130 and an attack chopper.

Defenders get; 1 tank :lol:

The patch that was released with the DLC is also pretty poor, with some very strange decisions, such as;

Gunners in the Attack Helicopters now cannot equip flares as a 'perk'

Stinger Missiles/IGLAS can now lock on up to a range of around 400m which is basically the entire distance of Caspian Border.

The below radar now doesn't work, meaning that even though you can be on the ground, you can still be locked onto.

In the tanks, canisters shells cannot be fired immediately after a main tank shell, there can only be one round in the chamber

Basically, the patch has rendered a lot of the vehicles useless against infantry, meaning it's slowly turning into another COD clone..

The great thing about BF is that you DO shit yourself when a tank rolls up and you need teamwork/quickthinking/the right equipment to take it out. But choppers are now very under powered, even though their missiles got buffed up against infantry (but not too much, it now only takes 6/7 hell fire missiles to kill 1 man :lol:)

So DICE need to quickly alter a couple of things to balance it out, but so far, it's taken a step backwards with weird updates.

Loving AK, but hating, and I mean hating the fact that I cant switch to canister shell immediately anymore. Now when an engie jumps out of a tank and fires up the RPG, you can't just kill them with canister and then use main shell on the tank, you have to chose.

Why did dice make this change ? Tanks weren't OP, they are tanks for gods sake.

Also lol at Rush maps with the AC130, it is not so much the constant pounding and instant respawn, but the fact that attackers can spawn in from above meaning you cant keep a tight defensive line.

Yea they need to readdress the rush balance, being a defender is no fun at all.

With regards to the tanks, it's apparently never meant to have been fired the way it was. It was always meant to be either or when firing, which I suppose is right because a canister shell is still a tank round, meaning the loader would have to put the shell in the chamber just like it would if it was a tank round.

It also made the HMG and the LMG on the tanks redundant, so you'd be better off with those.

Yes I guess from a realism point of view it makes sense. But I must have 1k kills with it :(

I just feel much more vulnerable now, two good engies can now easily take out a tank. Maybe it just feels that way because it is just all premium players at present. Might get easier when peasants can play.

Also the LAV AD needs a buff against infantry, the AA gun is weaker than a PDW

I don't play this too often, but when I do, pretty much every time there is yet another 1.5gb update waiting for me. It's got to the point where I've nearly filled my xbox HDD with updates just for this game (I only have the old 20GB HDD). What the hell is their problem? lol I feel sorry for anyone who bought the new 4GB console and wants to play this game.

Â