Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some info on BF4. Seems it may be a launch title on the next-gen consoles. That's one game that will really benefit from being on next-gen! 64 person multiplayer!!!

The news comes via EA’s recent earnings call, during which EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said, "We've already talked a little bit about that we have a Battlefield title coming next year, but we're not in a position right now to talk about our development plans and our SKU plan long term."

"That will come in about 90 days when we get to show you some Battlefield stuff."

Despite Gibeau's reluctance to say so, the news would seem to confirm suspicions that Battlefield 4 will hit as a launch window title for the next generation of consoles. Battlefield 4's planned announcement fits around the expected reveal of Sony and Microsoft’s new hardware.

Later in the call, EA CEO John Riccitiello alluded to this by saying, "We think Battlefield and FIFA are going to help us lead as we move into the next set of technology opportunities and platform opportunities, and continue to get bigger."

The first news of Battlefield 4 came in July last year, when EA announced that owners of Medal of Honor: Warfighter (which has been shelved for the forseeable future) would be granted to the shooter’s beta.

During EA’s financial conference, EA has confirmed that the Battlefield 4 reveal will be coming in “around 90 days.” 
They are currently not ready to discuss more, but will be soon. EA believes their Battlefield and FIFA franchise be their main sources of revenue for now. 

EA said:

“We’ve already talked a little bit about that we have a Battlefield title coming next year, but we’re not in a position right now to talk about our development plans and our SKU plan long term,”

“That will come in about 90 days when we get to show you some Battlefield stuff.”

“We think Battlefield and FIFA are going to help us lead as we move into the next set of technology opportunities and platform opportunities, and continue to get bigger.”

Yea, I always thought it would be a next gen release.  The current game had to take out lines of resolution just to keep up a frame rate of 25-30fps so it really isn't much of a surprise.

I'm surprised that EA think Fifa and BF are their main money earners though.. Maybe not Fifa, but defo BF.

I think the online restrictions (24players) will be lifted with the next gens too, which was pretty stupid to be honest.. 

Now we just need the next gen console hardware to be excellent so we can play the games in the next 5/6 years coming out on them without any restrictions!

Yea, I always thought it would be a next gen release.  The current game had to take out lines of resolution just to keep up a frame rate of 25-30fps so it really isn't much of a surprise.

I'm surprised that EA think Fifa and BF are their main money earners though.. Maybe not Fifa, but defo BF.

I think the online restrictions (24players) will be lifted with the next gens too, which was pretty stupid to be honest.. 

Now we just need the next gen console hardware to be excellent so we can play the games in the next 5/6 years coming out on them without any restrictions!

I thought the reason they restricted online to 24 was because the current-gen hardware could only handle that amount of players in a game. Unlike PC where they unleashed it to 64. Next-gen consoles should definitely have 64 player games. That would be fantastic. I think BF3 really showed that the current-gen hardware needs to come to an end, I had it for both PC and Xbox and the Xbox version just doesn't compare at all. 

Edited by PieFacE

I think the player limit will be more than 24, but I'd be really surprised if it went up to 64.

You need a really beefy PC to run 64 players at a high resolution with decent shadows and AA.

I reckon they'll focus more on the improved graphics and physics that will be possible and keep the number of players modest rather than go crazy with players and basically end up with BF3 with more players. I might be wrong, but from the rumoured specs, I don't really see them being able to handle 64 player battles with high graphic settings at 1920*1080.

If they don't increase the player count to 64 (or the same as PCs) then the console community will go ape shit.  Seriously, the console guys were mighty miffed about bf3, a few still are (18 months after release!) but if the do next gen consoles, they'll just have to make it the equivalent of medium settings, but I guarantee it'll be 64 players. 

As for this game at the moment, I'm still enjoying it, it's almost the only game I play on (apart from Fifa 13) and the new DLCs have all been very good except (from a console point of view) armored kill, because it's too big and empty.

aftermath has been my favorite DLC, I think the broken city landscape and tight spaces is extremely well done.

My only gripe has been the lack of new weapons in the DLCs (apart from Karkand and Close Quarters), but there's still loads.

I think the player limit will be more than 24, but I'd be really surprised if it went up to 64.

You need a really beefy PC to run 64 players at a high resolution with decent shadows and AA.

I reckon they'll focus more on the improved graphics and physics that will be possible and keep the number of players modest rather than go crazy with players and basically end up with BF3 with more players. I might be wrong, but from the rumoured specs, I don't really see them being able to handle 64 player battles with high graphic settings at 1920*1080.

Hmmm I'd be shocked if the next-gen consoles can't play current games for PC. That would just be shocking. Though the specs don't look great you can't really compare it to PC. If you built a PC with the same spec as the Xbox you wouldn't be able to play the current games on it. They just function differently. I think. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Many new details of DICE’s upcoming next-generation Battlefield 4 FPS have been leaked by Chiphell forums. According to the leaker, the details would be mentioned in the April issue of the Edge magazine while the game itself would be announced at GDC 2013 during 26th – 27th March.

Battlefield 4 Gets Frosbite 2.5 Engine – Destruction 4.0, Tessellation, Dynamic Weather Affects

Quote:
In our previous article, we mentioned how the next generation Battlefield 4 would utilize 80% of the Frostbite engine’s power compared to 30% utilization in Battlefield 3. The new Frostbite 2.5 engine would feature much more enhanced visuals with PC being the lead platform for the game. According to the details, Battlefield 4 would maintain a steady 60 FPS on 720P resolution on both next generation consoles which include the PS4 and Xbox 720 which is a slight bit of a disappointment since earlier rumors suggested 1080P/60 FPS target for the next-gen consoles. However, the next generation consoles including the PC would get 64 players while the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 would stick to the default 24 player setup which is currently seen on Battlefield 4. 

Frostbite 2.5 would be a complete overhaul of the current Frostbite 2.0 engine with DirectX 11 compatibility only on PC. Furthermore, the game would feature Dynamic weather effects such as rain, sandstorms, fog, haze and would be totally random. Each map would get these dynamic weather effects and would change depending on the variable conditions. As you may have noted, the cover image shows a glimpse of these weather effects such as rain. Battlefield 4 would also bring back the much renowned and upgraded Destruction 4.0 system to the game which would offer destructible environments and buildings which we saw back in Bad Company 2. PC versions would benefit from compute power which would render these dynamic destructible effects much more realistically. Furthermore, all of the environment including water, terrain and characters/NPC would make use of the new tessellation technology implemented inside Frostbite 2.5.

Battlefield 4 – Set in China During 2020, Maps, Weapons Confirmed

Quote:
The game would be set in 2020 but maintains a modern day setting featuring China and USA as the main infantry factions. The single player section of the game would be around 5-6 hours long in which there would be 2 campaigns of the PLA factions and would bring back the renowned animation effects of Bad Company series. Just like Battlefield 3′s Capsian border where the main tower collapses at the end of the game, a map would be based in Shanghai China at the end of which the Orient Pearl tower would collapse. Not much single player details were given but there are a ton of Multiplayer details such as the maps which include:
  • Diaoyu Island
  • Tiananmen
  • Shanghai Bund
  • Xizhimen
  • Xizhimen Rush
These are only a few of the total maps featured in Battlefield 4. Weapons such as the famouse Chinese J20, Y20, Xianglong would appear in the game along with those from other factions. Two of the confirmed tanks include M1A2 TUSK and PLA Type 99 each featuring their own set of customization options such as laser guidance and armor piercing rounds. Best thing that’s mentioned in the leak is that Air Combat zone would be further increased giving much more room for dog fights with jets.

Commander system as expected is definately making a return to the game with the leading commanderProviding fire, recharges and UAV detection support to their team. Skill system has also been overhauled. According to the leak, Micro-transactions would be available in the game but they won’t affect the balance of the game at all and are entirely optional which is great to hear. As for DLC’s, the game would get after a while a map pack which would bring four further maps to the game which include:
  • Power station in Dalian
  • Daqing oil field
  • The great wall of China
  • Wake Island (Classic Battlefield Map)
In my Battlefield 4 teaser video post i mentioned that if even half of these features came true, Battlefield 4 would be an absolute beast of an FPS. With today’s leak, things are hyped up on my end and im really looking forward to GDC 2013′s announcement of DICE’s upcoming gem aka Battlefield 4.
Source: WCCFTech

There was so many WW2 games for so long though, it had to go, but I wouldn't mind it coming back. Sadly that just won't happen with Battlefield or CoD.

The variable weather thing would be cool if it's done right. Sounds promising, I think Battlefield has the brighter future between them and CoD, BF just have to make sure they stick to what made them good in the first place. Don't become a CoD clone for **** sake.

• Like 1

Â