Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

:thumb: good man.

They should never have released BF3 on consoles, its the entire reason they're making small maps, because the console players are moaning the maps are too big and there isn't enough action..

EA pressured DICE into making it multi platform, DICE's intention was to make the Bad Company series for the consoles and keeping the Battlefields on PC.

So who do we blame? DICE for selling out to EA (who made a few people alot of money), or EA for making DICE do things they didn't want to do initially - to maximise profit..

Makes my blood boil.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the patch for Xbox comes out Tuesday. Not sure how true, but i see alot of them going on about it on the forums. I really like the idea of the rented servers.

The patch HAS improved things. You can now one shot kill choppers/planes with unguided rpgs.. I cry with happiness getting double kills with my trusty RPG.

Also, they've nearly (I.e 99%) fixed the thing where on your screen it looks like you get 1 hit killed with some guns (FAMAS etc), meaning you do have more of a chance to react.

I'm pleased with it so far (played about 3 hours with the patch) - its starting to become what it should have been at release.

p.s. Custom servers are good for practicing with jets/choppers if you're not brilliant at them. :) happy hunting.

I've given it some more hours since my post above and it's now as good as it should be until further patches.

The weapons now have character, they all act differently and perform well in different situations. People aren't running around with foregrips and silencers and it creates a much more varied game play.

Suppression is the hot topic currently. Basically, when you are under fire, your screen becomes blurred and the game adds random deviation to the bullets. Tests have been taken to test the severity of it and basically, if you have a 'bead' on the enemy head and shoot whilst suppressed, your bullets are very unlikely to hit where your cross hair is pointing. Some people are saying this takes the skill out of the game, but some people are saying it helps to incread team work and the complexity of fire fights over different ranges.

Personally, if someone is shooting at me and I end up being suppressed, on the way down to prone I always fire a few shots to try and counter the suppression. I don't think it seems overly unfair, in real life, if you're being shot at, you duck your head down and wait for team mates to flank, or an oppertunity to return fire. I'm going to stick my neck on the block and say it's ok for now. Also worthy of a mention that different guns put differing amounts of suppression. I.e Machine guns heavily suppress you for a prolonged period, sniper rifles are shirt but strong suppression and normal assault rifles are medium suppression for a medium amount of time.

RPG's which are unguided are 1 hit kills to choppers, planes etc, which I always thought should be the case anyway.

People seem to be more involved in team work now and last night I had some absolutely awesome RUSH games (don't usually play RUSH). Again though, it's much, MUCH better when you are playing with a few friends with mics'. Co-ordinating tactics and routes and planning flanks is really good fun.

So yeah, I'm really pleased so far - DICE yet again demonstrate that although it's been 6 months coming, they're starting to get their act together.

• 2 weeks later...

Custom servers make the biggest difference for me. The larger ticket games just have a better flow.

Also I never used USAS with Frags, but I cant stop using M26 with dart, heavy barrel etc. Its cheap and feels wrong but that thing is a battle cannon post patch

On conquest sure, but people are increasing the ticket count on Rush now.. and Rush is already very finely balanced.. Increased ticket counts on Rush just means the attackers always win, but i dont play Rush anyway :lol:

Yea, i'm having a lot more fun on this now the patch is out.

The only problem seems to be map variation, since I didn't get the special edition and I'm cheap, I've never bothered with the map pack so I end up playing the same 4 or 5 maps. I'd rather play those than Operation Metro and that one that's in the streets with tanks, but still.

• 1 month later...

?

Also, M26 dart is 'the' cheat gun at the moment, it shouldn't do half the damage is does at range, it will be getting nerfed in the next patch.

Rush is getting a little bit better too, had some good rounds on that recently.

I've completely given up on this game now. I had a go yesterday for the first time in a few months and just got raped. Every game seems to be so one sided. Havent had a decent game in so long. Guess that's a consequence of playing alone.

yea it is PieFace (I feel so mean calling you that.. I'll call you Rupert :lol:)

What I've done is, play on my own, with my headset and get people on there to put their mics on. It does happen, if you speak, you'll often see people sparking their mics up. Then if you gain a rapport with some of them, ask them to add you as a friend. I've got enough now to play all day and night if i wanted... Its great. Check out some of my 'better friends' who are in the top 200/300 people in the world on PS3;

philigoro

peacemakire

kilcs83

& here's mine to show you how far behind those guys I am!;

me

• 2 weeks later...

Oh sorry mate I completely missed your post ^^^

Don't worry about name, my mates in real life call it me haha... it's no wonder i'm single!

Ob the PC there's no in-game VOIP so you cant even talk to randoms!!! How stupid is that?

Check out this EPIC video

It's a bit easier on consoles because it takes a little longer to turn around.

If i see someone lying prone I will run at them head on knowing their fingers can't physicall turn that quickly and stab them. Happens a lot and will happen more now I bought Premium.

I am enjoying CQ at the moment. Stumpted up for premium and it is worth it I would say. Scap metal is a very fun map.

Still looking forward to Armored Kill far more though

Â