Exciting Youth

smetrov

Heskey is keeping Gardner out of the team :crylaugh:

:D it's laughable isn't it?

Well perhaps it's because contrary to the belief of some Emile has been one of our better players this season, unfamiliar position or not. He has been consistent in a very inconsistent side. Let's get us some points on the board, the manager has already shown he isn't afraid to throw them in.

I'm not a massive Heskey fan but if any of our kids have half the career Heskey has had they'd have done well.

I'd like to see the youngsters given their chance but i don't think we need to throw them in right now. I think the comments from our assistant manager show the club will ease them in correctly.

Quite why a question about Gardner not playing first team football should become yet another lame old attempt to knock Heskey I don't know. This sort of thing tends to make reading Villatalk a rather desultory experience these days.

Gardner isn't in the first team because he is not yet judged to be ready particularly in view of the major injury to his cruciate ligament which kept him out of football for more or less the whole of the last calendar year. Scoring a couple of flashy goals in an under-21 international against a very weak side doesn't necessarily mean he is ready for the premier league yet.

However, I would expect him to get his chance before too long. It's clear that the coaching staff rate him and know the value he can have for Villa if his progress is properly managed.

Heskey for all his flaws has been no means our worst player this year and has worked very hard. I find it very frustrating to see him in the hole, but im sure he does too, and i blame AMc for that. Gardner will get a chance, but why just throw him in, ease him in gradually when the team is winning surely? 20-30 mins here and then and build it up? Even the best youngsters dont just get thrown in, they are slowly fed into the side.

Â